Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2001, 02:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Best Hawaiian cruises

I am looking into taking a Hawaiin cruise next year and I would like some of your opinions of what cruise lines and ships are the best. Is there a "better" time of the year to go( weather & prices)?
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Best Hawaiian cruises

We just booked on the Norwegian Star (NCL) for June of next year. It is a brand new ship that isn't even built yet, but debuts in Hawaii in Dec. 2001. It features free style cruising and carries 2000 passengers. We're hoping for a great trip. It is a 7 day cruise out of Honolulu.
Old April 18th, 2001, 10:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Darlene,
We will be on the Radiance, 10night, in Oct. from Honolulu to Ensenada. I would be more than happy to report on the weather, and the itinerary upon my return. Also, the Rhapsody is leaving this Sunday from Ensenada to Honolulu, which would give you the spring weather, if you can hook up with anyone on that one to give you the scoop......
Old May 10th, 2001, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just returned from 10-day Hawaii/Ensenada on Celebrity's new Infinity. It was fabulous.

You absolutely MUST schedule your trip to coincide with the whales! We just caught the end of the season on our April 18 cruise, I understand. They were headed back to Alaska.

We had a cabin with verandah and were able to spend 2 days in Maui watching the whales romp right off of the ship! It was spectacular!

I don't know what's the best time for prices - only that if you want to see the whales it's something like January - April.

We had perfect weather the entire time - we spent 3 days pre-cruise on Waukiki at the Hyatt Regency then boarded the ship in Honolulu.

We were concerned about the 4-days on the Pacific back to Ensenada - but the Pacific was smooth as glass. And we used our verandah all but 1 day.

Enjoy it what ever you do!

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Old May 18th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Glad to hear about the Infinity. Would like to book one for 2002. Has to be on Celebrity Do you know if there are any scheduled?
Old May 19th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

You might want to visit their web-site to view 2002 cruise schedules - don't know if they are loaded yet or not.

Good luck.
Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Old June 9th, 2001, 03:25 PM
cc

Celebrity doesn't have their 2002 Hawaii cruises posted yet. I'm anxious to see if the Infinity will do the same itinerary too.
Old July 17th, 2001, 05:59 PM
HySeas

In the fall , the weather is nicer for a Vancouver to Hawaii or Hawaii to Ensenada. The weather in April or May in the Pacific is questionable to say the least. So a Ensenada to Hawaii or Hawaii to Vancouver could have some rough sea days.