Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hawaii Cruise

Which is the better way to cruise to Hawaii, from Ensanada to Honolulu or Honolulu back to Ensanade. Which way is the ocean calmer? Sandy
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Hawaii Cruise

Hi. I just came back from a cruise to Hawaii from Ensenada. I chose this itinerary because I wanted the anticipation of sailing toward the islands rather than away from them. To me it was more enjoyable that way.

We never had any very rough water. Although I'm sure it can be, depending on weather.

Lisa
Old June 1st, 2001, 07:45 PM
Passenger

We sailed from Honolulu to Ens. I picked this because you have four days to relax on deck after all the excursions, etc. on the islands. We are on the east coast and the four hour flight wasn't as physical as the 9 hours to Hawaii. When you are beginning a cruise the adrenalin allows you to tolerate much more. The ocean is the same either way except for current weather conditions. We came back toward the end of April and the ocean closer to the West coast was cold and very breezy. There were only people on deck with blankets. If you pick a ship with a large enclosed pool/spa area a chaise will be hard to find but you might be lucky.
Old June 6th, 2001, 04:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jc

You have to be kidding, correct? I don't think it matters which side of a ship a wave hits. A thunderstorm doesn't care which way you are going.
Old June 14th, 2001, 08:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Can't say how the weather would be better one way or the other - would depend on current weather patterns at the time of the cruise!

We did Hawaii to Ensenada in April. We live in Ohio and wanted time to relax after doing all of the Islands. It worked out well for us. 4 days at sea was just wonderfully relaxing. (We only experienced 1 or 2 days when it might have been too chilly to sit out on the veranda.)

Hawaiian cruise will be enjoyable no matter which way you go!

Enjoy.

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=