Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2001, 07:56 PM
cruisebound

Default Weather Ensenada to Hawaii

What are your experiences with the weather cruising Ensenada to Hawaii in April and May -- I'm talking about the first four days before you get to Hawaii.
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Pooh Bear

Default Re: Weather Ensenada to Hawaii

We did the reverse - 4 days from Hawaii to Ensenada in April. The weather could not have been any better. Only about a day was a little too chilly to make use of the veranda if memory serves me right.

We enjoyed the cruise - especially the sea days as it gave us ample time to explore the new Infinity.

Enjoy - - - and alooooha!

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Old October 6th, 2001, 11:05 PM
Dan & Tom

We are doing the identical sailing on the Summit next September. How did you enjoy the Infinty, I believe she is a sister to the Summit. We have been Princess die hard fans for years but thought we might be ready for a change. Sure hope Celebrity stands up to Princess as far as service and apperance.
Old October 11th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Pooh Bear

I loved the Infinity - however, husband thought it was too "closed in" for his tastes. We had cruised in the Medit. 3X prior to this trip to Hawaii and the ships we cruised on seemed to have more deck space according to him. However, we both enjoyed the Infinity and would cruise her again.

In fact, in August, we booked our 4th cruise in the Medit. on her sister the Millie. Unfortunately in September, Celebrity announced they were taking Millie and others out of the Medit. next year so we got our deposit back. Don't want to do Hawaii again so soon and have never wanted to do the Carib. so don't know what we will be doing.

IMHO: The food on all the ships on which we've cruised has been good. I would not rate the food on the Infinity as any better or any worse then RCCL or Premier. I guess I perhaps expected better than the others. Have never cruised on Princess so I can't compare. Having said that: There was NOTHING wrong with the food....I'm not complaining - it just wasn't what I'd call outstanding.

IMHO: The shows were very good. Don't like the layout of the main theater in that the steps were not well lighted and we witnessed many falls and near falls - I hope they have improved that situation as it could pose a real hazard for, especially, elderly folks.

IMHO: The crew and staff were great - eager to please and helpful.

Hope no one takes exception with this next statement, but it's just the way we feel:

IMHO: Hawaii is beautiful in its own way - but once you have cruised in Europe, and sampled the spectacular scenery and history of Spain, France, Italy (specifically - Venice, Rome and Florence) - Hawaii was a little bit of a let down.

But I'll go again sometime.

Enjoy Celebrity and the Summit.

Sad Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Old October 20th, 2001, 08:48 AM
CruiseInformant

The Pacific can be very rough at times....good question