Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2001, 06:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Luaus

We are spending 2 extra days in Honolulu after our cruise, can anybody tell me what they think is the best Luau to go to? We heard Germaines is good, any others?

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Luaus

We did Paradise Cove in April and I did not like it. We stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village and took a P.C. bus to the luau at 4:00 and did not get back until l0:30 or 11:00. The food was lacking but there was lots of dancing on stage. I thought the luau would be an orgy of Hawaiian food and I was very disappointed since we paid $50 each. They gave tickets for free drinks which were limited to mai tai's and blue hawaii and beer. Any other drink had a surcharge of at least $3. The drinks provided were very weak. The coffee was terrible and seconds on food did not exist. The setting is beautiful but we were captive for the entire evening. Some loved it--I, and my wife did not. The next night we ate at the buffet at one of Hilton's restaurants and the food seemed to mimic the luau, but much better quality and quanity with many more deserts than P.C. and at half the price. Find a nice restaurant in Honolulu with entertainment and I think you will be much happier. We did a cruise after Honolulu on the Infinity and I felt the only scam I suffered was the luau.

Good Luck.
Old January 27th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Luaus

Laurie
DId You get any good reports on the Luaus? What do you recommend now that you have been there?
Shelley
Old August 3rd, 2002, 09:24 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Luaus

Hi All,
How did you like the Hilton Hawaiian Village? Did you stay there as part of a post cruise package and if so, what kind of accomodations did you get with the package. We are booked at the HHV for May of 2003 and the price is rather high. I won't know for some time what type accomodations we will be given, so really don't know if we should hang on to this reservation or go for something else.
Thanks
Dave and Susan