Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default luau

We are spending one extra night in Honolulu and want to do a luau, which one is the best?

Or, should we do a luau on Maui while our ship is there for 2 days?

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2001, 02:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: luau

Laurie ==>

I can't speak for Honolulu. A review reported a disastrous experience but you never know how to take a single bad review.

I'm partial to Maui where there are several excellent luaus...Lahaina, along the Kanapali beach, along Wailea beach on the southwest shore. It all depends on the transportation you'll have available.

Whatever you do...pig out and have a ball.

Regards...JimM
Old September 16th, 2001, 07:47 PM
Passenger

I did Paradise Cove in the spring and felt it was a rip off considering the cost. Food was below average and the dancing went too long. We were there on a bus and we were captive until the end. Find a great local restaurant and you will have a better meal at half the price.

John L.
Old September 24th, 2001, 07:52 PM
Selligirl

My husband and I have been to the Paradise Cove luau and to the Polynesian Cultural Center luau in Honolulu.

I agree with John L about the Paradise Cove luau. It was very commercialized. The Polynesian Cultural Center is run by the Mormon Church and the students work at the center. We paid for the best package - this included a guide (which proved very informative if you like background information, etc.), the IMAX theatre and preferred seating at the restaurant or at the luau. We chose the luau and we were not disappointed. The entertainment was excellent also. We went home with two videos and were able to pass one on to my parents-in-law in hopes that they too could visit Hawaii. (Informational only, we were never solicited to join the Mormon Church or asked our religious preferences.)

Whatever you do - enjoy your vacation. We loved Hawaii so much, we were married there.
Old September 28th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jc

I have heard only bad things about Paradise Cove... my friends who are going with us on our cruise in 2 weeks to Hawaii said Paradise Cove was not good 15 years ago. We are going the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui.
jc