Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Karl & Sue

Default Celebrity to Hawaii

We are booked for the 5/13/02 trip between Hawaii and Vancouver. Has anyone done the North Pacific in Spring, and how is the trip? I work w/someone who did it 2 years ago on Princess and said it was no one was able to sit out by the pool the whole five days. We are looking forward to this trip as we have never been to Hawaii before and just LOVE Celebrity.
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Genie

Default Re: Celebrity to Hawaii

Hello Karl & Sue,
We too LOVE Celebrity and would not even consider another line. We're booked on the "Millie" next month and cannot wait. Already planning on visiting Hawaii and of course Celebrity would be the cruiseline of choice. My neighbor heard that the Pacific is not all that calm and when I told her of my plans she responded by saying "take lots of meds" so you can cope with this trip.
I hope that she is wrong! because we still want to go and won't be put off.
Hope to here from others responding to your post.

Ellen
Old October 11th, 2001, 12:41 PM
First Mate

Hi Karl & Sue!

My friend Debbie & I are also on this cruise (just booked!). I figure life should be interesting that week -- it's my 2nd cruise. So I'm hoping others who have cruised the Pacific in that timeframe will respond.

Should be a load of fun!!

joanne
Old October 11th, 2001, 09:04 PM
cc

We cruised to Hawaii last year from Ensenada on Princess. We had a good deal of clouds until we got closer to Hawaii, but people still sat by the pool. We did have one rough day that was a bit much for me, but after a shot at the hospital and a nap, I was back in the swing of things. Don't let fears of the weather bother you. We had a fabulous time -- so fabulous we are doing it again on 5/3/02, this time on Celebrity Summit! Looks like you'll be starting your cruise the day we arrive in Honolulu. If you're looking for a nice hotel in Honoluou, consider the Kahala Mandarin Oriental. A bit pricey but worth every penney.
Old October 13th, 2001, 03:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are planning this same cruise.
Could it be that no one stayed out by the pool on that Princess cruise, beacause there is no covered pool.

Even if it is cool,both Infinity & Summit have a"solarium" pool area that anyone can use at no extra charge.The fact that there is a "covered" pool makes my husband very happy.

Ashley
Old October 13th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We've got a CruiseMates Group Cruise on the May 13 sailing of the Summit..

<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/summit.cfm>

I did Vancouver to Hawaii a couple of years back on the Rhapsody of the Seas. We had one day of rough seas leaving Vancouver, then 10 days of great weather, and fairly smooth seas.
Particularily on this sailing, going the opposite direction, we're likely to have 6 days cruising the islands, with smooth seas, which will help everyone have their sea legs before we cross the Pacific. With the group we have going, should be a GREAT cruise.
If u didn't book into our group... keep your eyes out for that antlers and T shirts, we should be easy to spot!

Regards,
Kuki
Old October 25th, 2001, 10:12 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer

Karl & Sue, Joschmo, Asley, Kuki and all the other CruiseMates on the Let's Get Lei'd cruise,

Jose & I will be there with you!
jennifer