Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Passenger

Default Pier to Hotels, Honolulu

I will be on the Vision in November ending in Honolulu. I have booked my own hotel for three nights at the end of the cruise. Does anyone know if there are taxis waiting at the pier and if so the approx cost to Waikiki hotels. Or is there public transport which drops off at the various hotels
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jc
Default Re: Pier to Hotels, Honolulu

I am no expert, but I have been told that they have a wonderful and safe bus system on Oahu... I think the ship is docked at the Aloha towers and you I am sure can pick up the bus there, but it might not be much fun lugging all of your luggage.

jc
Old October 8th, 2001, 07:18 PM
JohnL

Yes, there are cabs at the pier. I too, will be on the Vision if it is the 4th from Ensenada. We will be overnighting in Honolulu so you will get the lay of the land before you have to leave. You might look into renting a car. Alamo is having a special at $25 a day for a mid size. Less for a compact. Check out their web site. I will be at Hilton Village for 4 nights so I'm renting a cara for 6 days for around $125. Only down side is that I have to take a bus to the airport to get it. I didn't check whether they have a shuttle to the airport from the dock.

See you on the ship....
Old October 15th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Passenger

JohnL. - Alamo also has a downtown office at Waikiki LLikai Hotel, 1777 Ala Moana Blvd. In checking Alamo's web site, looks to me like you get a better rate by few dollars as you do not have to pay the airport tax. Also it is a bit closer to the pier. You might consider it.?
Old October 15th, 2001, 04:30 PM
bug_dan

The Bus, Oahus public transportation does not allow luggage, for more info visit their web site @www.thebus.com. Your best bet other than car rental would be a taxi and they do stop at the pier. The downtown office of Alamo at the Ilikai is too far to get to from the pier on foot. Alamo will send a shuttle but that may only be from the Airport.

Dan
Old October 15th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Passenger

Thanks for all the input. As I will be travelling on my own, I think a taxi from the pier is my best bet.
Old October 15th, 2001, 07:46 PM
John L.

Thanks for the info. Problem is when we leave on the last day with all our luggage.There are 2 couples and would require a cab if I turned the car in down town. If you turn it in at the airport, there generally is a hefty charge since you didn't get it there.
Old October 16th, 2001, 03:21 PM
bug_dan

John,

I would think even if you turned it in downtown, they would provide a shuttle to take you to the airport. The shuttles hold a lot of passengers and luggage.

Dan
Old December 20th, 2001, 05:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jc

Yes, if you rent a car they will pick you up at the pier. We were with Dollar, but all of the major car rental places provided the service.

Have fun

jc

Of course, I just took the shuttle by myself and then came back and picked up the rest of my group in our minivan we rented for our 3 days after the cruise. It was about 20 minutes round trip including the check out on the car.