Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2001, 12:53 PM
MarieA

Default Celebrity/Hawaii Hotel etc. ??

Looking at going in a couple of days early for the CM Cruise. Anybody else? Any suggestions on best (not too expensive) place to stay?
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2001, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Celebrity/Hawaii Hotel etc. ??

Marie.
I'm presently checking into the possibility of getting a "group rate" at a hotel in Honolulu. I'll let you know as soon as it's worked out.
It will be set up so those who want just book their own rooms directly.. at whatever rate we can negotiate.
Everyone will have an option of course of choosing their own hotels.

Regards,
Kuki
Old November 12th, 2001, 06:08 PM
MarieA

Thanks Kuki, I'll quit worrying about it for now.
Old November 12th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Passenger

Marie, ? going in couple days early did you have to pay air deviation? Thanks. bev
Old November 13th, 2001, 12:29 AM
Missy & Michael

Hey there!

We went in a day before our cruise and stayed at a wonderful hotel on Waikiki Beach. The name of the hotel is the Pacific Beach Hotel (pacificbeachhotel.com). It has a 3 story aquarium in all of the restaurants and is just across the street from the beach. There is no other building in between the hotel and the beach. We were able to get an ocean view (or maybe it was partial - we could still see the beach quite well from our room, as well as Diamond Head), breakfast for 2, and a rental car, all for $170. We thought this was a great rate considering everything that was included. If you are interested you should check into Hawaiian Breezes (hawaiianbreezes.com) and work with Bryan Brown. He has helped us with both of our trips to the islands and has not steered us wrong. He is great to work with and very knowledegable. If this package doesn't sound right for you, he always has great suggestions.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Missy
(mmavant@bellsouth.net)
Old November 13th, 2001, 10:51 AM
MarieA

Bev, yes, the deviation fee is $50 per person.
Old November 14th, 2001, 07:08 PM
Passenger

ok guys, here is a strange one, I understand about the $50.00 for air deviation but was told by TA today that he needs $879.00each to be paid to Celebrity to book flights to Hawaii day before our cruise. We have already paid our celebrity deposit and have our confo.#. This amount will be deducted from our outstanding cruise balance. Has anyone paid this + deposit+ air deviation before? I have never heard of this before. Bev
Old November 18th, 2001, 08:38 AM
dezertcruzer (jennifer)

bev,
I've never heard of such a thing either, and I've booked air deviation a couple of times. It doesn't sound right to me. Aren't you booked on the CruiseMates cruise through Ginny at the super duper rates she's gotten for us?
dezertcruzer (jennifer)
Old November 18th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Passenger

we decided not to go the day before because of coming up with this money right now before Xmas won't work for us. Really disapointed about what Celebrity doing with wanting this extra money + the $50.00 for air deviation. But I guess that is the way it goes.
Old November 18th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Bev.

The air portion of your ticket does NOT have to be paid until final payment date for the cruise if u are using cruise line air. The air deviation fee is also included in that payment, and does not have to paid up front either.
You may just want to change TAs here... something doesnt right.

Suggest you call the TA handling our CruiseMates Group Cruise to get another opinion and option.
Here's a link... <http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/summit.cfm>

Regards,
Kuki
Old November 18th, 2001, 06:11 PM
Passenger

Thankyou so much for your info. But I think I better call Celebrity again. After my TA told me this I called them and they told me the same thing. So I guess I have some calling to do tomorrow. Let you know the outcome. Thanks again
Old November 24th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Passenger

Everything all strightened out. no payment till final payment due. thanks everyone