Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2002, 05:19 PM
Eric Hansen

Default Waikiki Marriott hotel

I hear that the renovations are complete at the Waikiki Marriott hotel. I am thinking of staying here pre-cruise and was wondering if anyone had recent information about this hotel.
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2002, 06:55 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Waikiki Marriott hotel

Eric, I am booked at same Marriott for the end of May for 2 nights. I called them and someone informed me that the renovation would be completed by 1-31-02. I would also like to find someone who recently was there to get their opinion of it.
Old February 6th, 2002, 08:52 PM
sealady

Just got the official notification from Marriot that the renovations were finished. I returned from Hawaii a week ago.. stayed at the JW mariott because of the renovations... highly recommend the JW if you are looking for a quiet wonderful place.. Waikiki is lively but it is really just a city on the beach.
Old February 10th, 2002, 05:14 PM
First Mate

Thanks SeaLady for the information on the Marriott. I am glad they have finished with renovations. Gloria
Old March 6th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Auntie Maria

We had the good fortune to be one of the first to spend time in the newly renovated tower -- this was October, before the entire project was complete.

The upgraded rooms are beautiful -- new, plush carpet; heavy swag draperies (with sheers -- great for daytime privacy); very "British Colonial tropical" decor. Best of all, the miserable old, small tub/shower combinations have been replaced with new, deep (for soaking) tubs. The bathroom/vanity floor and walls are newly tiled.

Very, very nice -- and be sure to catch the Hawaiian musicians who will be performing either in the lobby bar area, or up at the bar adjacent to the swimming pool. Thursday evenings you can catch "The Queen of Hawaiian Music" -- Aunty Genoa Keawe.

-- auntie maria