Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2002, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Default Hawaii in Dec? weather?

We are considering the RC Legend of Seas cruise to Hawaii on Dec 9, 2002. What kind of weather can we expect? Will it be warnm enough to swim? Is it their rainy season? Also do th ships dock at piers or will we be tendered? Are there tours available at the piers, or should we plan on taking ship tours? (we usually prefer to go on our own- veteran cruisers but never been to Hawaii) !! KG
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Hawaii in Dec? weather?

we spent 2 weeks in hawaii in january (not on a cruise). will not go again at that time of year. there were storms that clouded the water and ruined snorkeling. it was also in the 70's and windy. september is by far the best month to go.
Old March 23rd, 2002, 01:14 PM
Admiral

I was there years ago during the first part of Dec -for two weeks-- the weather was fine. Not as hot as ususal but nice for me--now a days with the changing weather patterns you never know-- you can always check the annual weather report and go from there.
Enjoy whatever you do
April
Old April 8th, 2002, 04:18 PM
bug_dan

We were there the last week of Dec, first week of Jan, temps in the 80's, lots of people swimming in the ocean. North shore on Oahu was rough and swimming was prohibited. This was our second time there and weather was great.

Dan
Old August 17th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Passenger

Karen, I spent 21 months in Hawaii (Oahu) some years ago. Unless the weather has changed a lot, December is fine. We did have a lot of rain during the two Januarys I was there.

The north shore of the Island is where the surfers have great fun during the winter months. Thirty foot waves are awesome to behold. That kind of action depends on the weather in places other than the islands.

We are cruising on the Radiance of the seas next May and I can't wait to relive some old adventures, however people tell me I won't recognize the place.

Have a good trip and don't worry about the weather on the islands, I have never seen a place where the weather is as consistantly nice as the Islands.

I cruised from Honolulu to Oakland courtesy of Uncle Sam's fine gray cruise line. We sailed in March and the sailing was PERFECT, the weather anyway... it was not a gourmet cruise by any means.

Enjoy,

Dave & Susan