Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Genie

Default Hawaii - Ensenada or Vancouver ?

Hi,
Planning on Hawaii cruise in May 2003. Perplexed about
departing from Ensenada or Vancouver....anybody out there have any opinions on which is better and why. I believe Ensenada is about 2-3 hour drive from San Diego. Thanks, Genie
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2002, 04:18 PM
10X

Default Re: Hawaii - Ensenada or Vancouver ?

I just did the Ensenada thing on 2-17-02. The drive is about 2 hours. You're taken to hotel for embarkation procedures before going to the ship.

From the time we boarded the buses in San Diego until the time we boarded the ship was about 4 hours.

No trouble at the Mexican border. No one from Customs/Immigration even boarded the bus.
Old March 14th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Hawaii Bound

We like Ensenada to Hawaii. We went last Mayl and liked it so much we are doing it again this May. The bus ride is about 3-4 hours. The scenery is gorgeous, as you are riding along the coastline, so much of the land untouched. We also like the itinerary because if gives you a few days of just cruising first -- perfect for relaxing and slowing down a hectic lifestyle. Then when you get the islands, your relaxed and ready for some touring. Then afterwards we stay a few days in Honolulu. Perfect!
Old March 21st, 2002, 09:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Hawaii - Ensenada or Vancouver ?

What date are you sailing? We are sailing on May 3 on the Summit.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old April 2nd, 2002, 02:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to James Send a message via Yahoo to James
Default Re: Re: Re: Hawaii - Ensenada or Vancouver ?

We are also going to Hawaii via Ensenada on May 3rd! Our cruise for March 29th, on the Summit (Southern Carribean) was cancelled, so we took this one. We have not received out docs yet, but are looking forward to Hawaii! Maybe we will see you guys on the way to Ensenada.
Old April 7th, 2002, 04:14 PM
First Mate

I was going to do that cruise but took the option for the cruismates group on the 13th. Either way should be great sailing in May.

Old April 23rd, 2002, 02:13 PM
Admiral

We are going from Honolulu to Ensenada in April 2003 on Infinity. I'd like to know what the comparison is with this cruise and the one that ends up in Vancouver. Is the weather apt to be rainier or colder going into Vacouver? I know the airport situation is more convenient in Vancouver. Does anyone have thoughts on this or experience with both of these options?
Old April 23rd, 2002, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Whoops! Looks like this question has been addressed in other locations. Sounds like the weather is unpredictable.
Old April 25th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Hawaii - Ensenada or Vancouver ?

Did Ensenada twice last year and the two days from Ensenada are cold at sea. I'm sure it is not any warmer when leaving from Vancouver. Don't expect to be swimming on an open deck or even lounging there.
Old April 30th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Justine Bradley-Vargas

Hi everyone,

We have a posting going on the cruise critic board for the May 3rd cruise on the Summitt to Hawaii. We are having a group meeting on the first day on the sea day at 10:30am on the resort deck by the bar by the flag pole, May 4th. Come and join us.. we have quite a few couples meeting.. one of the people will be trying to wear a vulture cap.

We are looking forward to meeting everyone. Have a safe flight and see everyone on board.

Ciao,

Justine & John
Old July 30th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Passenger

Hi All,
I have never cruised so I guess I am being rather bold offering advice. BUT, that said, someone told me once, when I was comtemplating a land/sea package to
Alaska. Do the land part first and rest on the ship on the way home. My wife and I are booked on the Radiance for the May 13, 2003 cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver. We chose that one based on the premise that we could wear ourselves out on the Islands and sail and rest for five days enjoying the ship. Besides, going to Vancouver from Hawaii you get one more day at sea than you do if you are sailing to Ensenada.

However you do it, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Dave
Old September 14th, 2002, 01:11 PM
CruiserYYC

Would definitely suggest departing from Vancouver. We departed from Ensenada last January had to be up at 4:00 a.m. to catch a 7:00 flight; arrived in San Diego around noon, then spent the afternoon sitting in a hotel waiting for the transportation to Ensenada (this was on Princess). The bus trip took a little over two hours and by the time we got to the ship it was around 7:00 p.m. and we were exhausted. Also I believe that leaving from Vancouver would give you an extra sea day which I just love. Whatever you decide you will have a great time.