Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Maui Luau

We are ready to book a Luau at the Marriott in Maui. The advertising sounds positive but I would like to hear from anyone who's experience this Luau or any alternate suggestions.
Thanks,
Ashley
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Maui Luau

we will most likely book the "old Lahaina" luau. i have heard good things about it.
Old April 15th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

74 of us on the CruiseMates group cruise are doing the Old Lahiana Luau. Heard from a number of sources that it was the best in the islands.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 15th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Watched an episode of Emrol Lagasi the other day and it came from Old Lahina Luau and it looked fabulous.
Old April 15th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Maui Luau

Thanks a lot everyone, looks like we'll take a closer look at the old Lahaina Luau. I did see their site on the web, so will probably book that way.
Ashley
Old April 16th, 2002, 08:37 PM
bug_dan

Old Lahaina Luaua one of the best I've attended. Lots of Mai Tais to get you in the mood, food and entertainment well above others. Part I liked best was they did not get tourists up to make fools of themselves trying to do Tahitian dances like many of the other luaus I've attended. They have two types of seating, either at a standard picnic table or at a picnic table with the legs sawed off and you sit on the ground. Being somewhat older and more decrepit we opted for the standard seating but the authentic seating is right next to the stage. If you want to see what it looks like visit their web site, www.oldlahainaluau.com

Dan
Old April 23rd, 2002, 07:48 AM
First Mate

We were just at the Wailea Outrigger hotel Luau 30 minutes from Lahaina and it was great!
Old May 21st, 2002, 12:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

We got back from a land based vacation to Maui in March. I did alot of research before going regarding luau's. Most all recommendations go to "Old La'hania Luau" It's the most authentic and has the best food. My husband and 2 teenage sons even enjoyed it!!! Request to sit on the ground for best view of the show. Call early for reservations. Aloha!!!
Old July 3rd, 2002, 11:26 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jc

The Old La'haina Luau is simply the best in Hawaii. The dancers are the best, period. When they do the parade from Hawaii... it is the Old Lahaina Luau that they show. Seriously, it is like the difference between the major leagues and the minor leagues.

Enjoy your trip!

jc
Old July 9th, 2002, 05:43 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Maui Luau

Well...My family and I went to the Gourmet style Luau and it was FABULOUS...The food was amazing..and it was romantic....if you like rustic style cooking..you want to old luau..but if you're into gourmet..I suggest otherwise...

Jamie
Old July 27th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Went to Maui on a business trip last September. I had a wonderful time (even though it was still business), but the Old Lahaina Luau was the perfect end to a perfect trip. The show was wonderful. The dinner was delicious. There was an open bar complete with the best mai tai's you could ever hope for, and after a week of drinking nothing else this is saying a lot. The open bar is included in the price. There were non-pestering vendors with beautiful wares and Hula dancers giving free lessons about an hour before the show and dinner started. The guys who retrieved the Pig for the pit where funny, entertaing and informative about the cooking of the pig. If you go be sure to stand next to the pit area about 10 minutes before they start so you can get a place up front. Don't forget to take pictures.