Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2002, 07:04 AM
cruisebound

Default Kauai - Helicopter

Does anyone have experience utilizing Celebrity's helicopter excursion in Kauai? Where do they depart from? What spots do they visit? We're debating between the Celebrity excursion and booking on our own at Jack Harter Helicopters, which departs from a location very close to the Naiwiliwili harbor. Got a brochure from Jack Harter last time we were in Kauai, and I like the spots they visit.
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Kauai - Helicopter

We booked our own through Inter-Island Helicopters in Port Allen which is about 20 miles west of the dock. The ship's dock is in the southeastern corner of Kauai. The rain forest that is so remarkable is on the western coast. Most copters will fly over Waimea Canyon and then southwest to the left coast. They then fly north along the coast before heading east through the center of the island to the beginning. The best sights are the canyon and left coast. We rented a car, drove up to Port Allen and then did their tour in a helicoptor without doors. You look out and down without any obstructions. We then proceeded up to the Canyon in our car where there are several Lookouts for picture taking and beautiful viewing. We stopped in a small mall along the way for shopping and ice cream, returned and the day was over. /Check out Inter Island on "Interisland@Hawaiian.net". When we docked they wanted me to call to see if there would be no rain and flying. Luckily, we had a perfect day.

Old April 28th, 2002, 06:30 AM
MarkH

I was booked on a Celebrity Helicopter tour on Kauai at $185 pp. After calling a few helicopter tour companies on Kauai for info about their tours I decided to book direct with a company called Will Squyres for about $50 less pp. However, they were completely booked by Celebrity! I ended up reserving thru Island Helicopters again with a savings of about $50 pp. They will pick you up from the ship.

-Mark
Old July 2nd, 2002, 08:25 PM
Gerald

We used Island Helicopters in Kauai. First rate. Pick up at cruise ship. Airport only about 10 min away.
Old August 2nd, 2002, 09:59 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jc

I would say go with Jack Harter. I researched this thoroughly before our trip last October. They are priced competitive and they do the longest and best tour on the island. The pilot we had was so good at his stories... that I swear we all thought he was Paul Harvey!

jc
Old August 28th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

We just booked Island Helicopter....internet booking price was $128 pp and you got a free tour video or screen saver per couple.