Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2002, 05:29 PM
Susan Hofer

Default Prices @ Hilton Hawaiian Village

I was browsing some web sites and saw a posting where someone commented on how expensive the meals were @ this facility. We are staying there for 2 days pre-cruise for the 5/13 Summit itinerary.

Anyone have any experience with this place? Is it really as outrageous as reported? I have heard that Hawaii is mucho expensive anyway, but I would like to be prepared for the sticker shock.

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2002, 10:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Prices @ Hilton Hawaiian Village

Sue.. I'm afraid all of Hawaii is fairly expensive. There are some restaurants on the Hilton property that are not totally off the wall.. and a couple that are.

Old April 22nd, 2002, 03:33 PM
bug_dan

While prices are higher at the hotels and finer restaurants, there are some reasonable places to eat, even in Waikiki. Obviously if you eat at a restaurant right on the beach with a great view of the ocean and shore line, you are going to pay more. If there's entertainment and most of the restaurants have some type, then prices run higher.
Talk to your taxi cab driver, bus driver etc. and they will probably be able to recommend places with good food and at a cheaper price. Having said that I should admit that on our last 3 trips to Oahu, my wife and I have eaten almost exclusively at the Honolulu Elks Lodge, we're members, and the prices there are actually cheaper than our local lodge. If you are a member or know a member of the Elks who will be with you on the trip, try to get them to take you there.

Dan
Old April 22nd, 2002, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Plenty of inexpensive places to eat in the International Market place if price is the only issue.
Old April 25th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Passenger

We ate breakfast each morning at the Buffet Restaurant at base of Rainbow tower and it was around $18 and it was excellent. At Dukes it runs around $10 but they do not have Danish. Dinner at Rainbow buffet was around $25. Across street from entrance was a Japanese Buffet called Todai which was around $29 less 15% if Senior. They advertise lobster tails but they are, I believe, prauns. There is a discount book available for around $35 with lots of twofers. I bought it but didn't have time to seek them out. By the way, Todai was excellent with many unusual selections including a sushi bar. We had to wait around an hour to be seated. A block down the street is Red Lobster and of course a MacDonald's across the street. We ate ourselves sick at breakfast and had cheap junk during the day until dinner.

Need a cheap guide ?? Will also carry luggage.......
Old April 29th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Susan Hofer

Default Re: Re: Prices @ Hilton Hawaiian Village

Well, thanks to one & all. We're only going to be there 2 days before the cruise. My husband was appalled that I even sent this message out. He's afraid everone will think he's a cheapskate! I was just trying to get a feel for the place to allay any sticker shock.
Don't think we'll go hungry. I'm sure we'll more than make up for it on the ship.
Old July 9th, 2002, 06:40 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Prices @ Hilton Hawaiian Village

Yes..Last summer My family and I went to Hawaii and stayed at this hotel..The only hassel was trying to get out of the hotel!!!! You have to take a tram that stops at MANY stops before getting to the fron..oo you can take a slow boat..or you can risk walking..not an easy task..its the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at..the Japanese restaurant is reccomended...the restaurants are pricey..but everything in Hawaii is about quadrupil the price of things here in the states....My family and I gave the hotel a nickname "Hotel California" hahaha...well....just to let you know..airfare not included in this number...for 12 days in Hawaii going to 4 different islands...3 people...we spent $10,000 !!!! YIKES!!! Have fun..bring the cash!!

Jamie
Old July 9th, 2002, 06:47 PM
First Mate

I am sorry..I thought you were talking about Hilton Waikoloa Village..sorry..I did not stay at the Hilton Hawaiin Village...
Old July 9th, 2002, 07:12 PM
First Mate

Ok..I stayed at both hotels....and this one is not toooo bad..they have little shpping huts all around the hotel..it is very nice. You will be charged for a chair out on the beach though..or at least I was so..beware!! Umm.....I got spa treatment at this hotel..which was lovely..highly reccomended to you..I got a facial and a 30 min massage...ooohhhh...! Anyways..you will enjoy this hotel..and the restaurants are basicall like anywhere else on the island..fairly expensive. Also..there is a trolly you can take to some of the area malls...so that is convenient..have fun!!

Jamie
Old July 21st, 2002, 06:34 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Prices @ Hilton Hawaiian Village

I WILL BE AT THE HILTON 2 DAYS BEFORE OUR SPIRIT CRUISE. DID YOU LIKE IT AND ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED. DID YOU GET ANY SPECIAL DEAL ETC.