Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Passenger

Default Help looking for tour info

Hi
Heading for Hawaii 5/10 on Infinity from Ensenada. I'm looking for any information from someone that may have done this trip regarding tour packages. I would prefer not to have to take the ship excursions (they're$$$$). I've heard because we tender in Maui lots of tour companys won't pick up. Do they have people at the ports willing to rent vans etc??? (like they do in the Caribbean) In the Caribbean we always get off the ship and make our own deals - the natives are really knowegable - they'll take you anywhere and they usually know a few spots that not everyone goes to. Any info would be appreciated. THANKS
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: Help looking for tour info

Here are some links that might help.
The first is a rental agency for cars, I undersatnd they offer transportatin on Maui to the agency and back
http://www.hawaiidiscountcarrental.com/

Trolley cars for getting around Honolulu
http://www.waikikitrolley.com/lines.asp

Helicoptor tours, we booked through them and saved $$$
http://www.safariair.com/

This site was created for a group of cruisers(CruiseMates) on the Summit from May 13 to May 24. It should have helpful information.
http://pages.prodigy.net/fourcatcan/leid.htm

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Passenger

With just 2 days left you don't have much time to research. I would rent a car myself and skip the tour companies. You go where they go, period. Rent a car. All the major car rentals are there and there will be shuttles to take you to their agency as you get off the ship. Costs for a mid-size should be around $35 plus gas. Check prices on the web and reserve in advance. Look for discount coupons and take it with you. In Maui you probably anchor over nite. If you do, and you decide on driving to Hana, do it the lst day because it is an all day trip. Watch on the return of the car. They have fixed time scheduled on shuttles to the ship and if you miss it you may have to get a cab back. You have to return the car with tank filled (cheaper option) and sometimes they are hard to find.

John L.
Old May 13th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Passenger

My advise is always book direct. Seems to be the best way.
When we were in Hilo, we did a helicopter tour with Tropical Helicopters. You might want to check out their site - www.tropicalhelicopters.com. They had a tour for $99
Hope you have fun.