Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Cruise Crazy

Default Luau - Lahaina / Hilo - Infinity 9/27

Hi

We are on the Infinity sailing into Lahaina for 2 day 5/6 October. We have looked at all the message boards and it appears that the Old Lahaina Luau appears to be the most favoured one as opposed to the the ships preference (as well as being alot cheaper)

I have contacted Old Lahaina Luau and they say they are just a taxi ride away from the Lahaina boat harbour. Can anyone tell me if this is where all the ships dock in Lahaina Harbour? I don't want to book this Luau and find out that we are miles away!!

Also when we go to Hilo we actually want to see Lava if possible. All the tours offered by the ship take us to Volcanos National Park but they state that we will not see molten lava. Any suggestions? Driving a car in US is a bit daunting for us as we are from Australia and drive on the other side of the road!
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Orcatek

Default Lava

Take a ride via helicopter. You will see lava if flowing from the helicopter.
Old September 9th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Luau - Lahaina / Hilo - Infinity 9/27

I share the opinion of many others that Old Lahaina Luau is the best in Hawaii...not to be missed. If memory serves me correctly, it's maybe a mile to a mile and a half north of the docks along Front St in Lahaina.

As to volcanos, I'm with Orcatek...take a helicopter tour. Our Travel Channel has been showing tours of the volcanos that land near the lava flows, allowing you to get up close and personal if you want.

JimM
Old September 10th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Cruise Crazy

Default Re: Re: Luau - Lahaina / Hilo - Infinity 9/27

Hi JimM

Thanks for your response - I booked the Old Lahaina Lu'au tonight - tooooo many people have recommended to us even if we have to pay it in Aussie dollars (which are double yours) - hear the food is not fantastic but the show is something not to miss and well worth every penny US or Australian....

As for the helicopter ride - may have to take a raincheck on that - will cost around $1000.00 Australian for around 2 hours for 5 of us.... But am thinking may send hubby on it for all of us...

Once again thank you
Merryl