Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Cruise Crazy

Default What's the Weather in Hawaii Like???

HI I WONDERING WHAT THE WEATHER IS GOING TO BE LIKE IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS IN HAWAII???
THANX CRUISE CRAZY

PS PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: What's the Weather in Hawaii Like???

Watching the national weather channel, it looks to be the same as usual. 82-85 degrees - BEAUTIFUL!

What cruise are you taking? We sail 9/25 from Vancouver on the Spirit for 12 nights. I think the whales are coming back down from Alaska this time of year too. Have you booked any pre-cruise tours? We haven't but really want to get a helicopter sone for the big island or Kauai. Any tips?
Jules
Old September 16th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)
Default Re: What's the Weather in Hawaii Like???

Jules, I've been told we will not see whales in Hawaii, though you may see them heading there since you are sailing from Vancouver....they are leaving Alaska about now and it takes them about 2 months to get there. Whale watching time in Hawaii is Nov-April from what I have been told with Jan/Feb being prim.

Old September 17th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Cruise Crazy

Default Re: Re: What's the Weather in Hawaii Like???

Hi Jules

Thanks for your reply, my 11 year old daughter wrote this entry she is soooo excited about going - we are from Australia and we work in Degree Celsius so what does 80-85 equate to? Around 25ishC?

We are leaving on the Infinity on the 27th - looks like we will probably cross paths somewhere on the high seas or around Hawaii somewhere maybe? The Spirit looks like a beautiful ship I will be really interested in seeing it.

As for pre-cruise - no we haven't booked anything - thought we might just wing-it as we are arriving in Vancouver on the 25th and will spend the first day getting over 18 hours of flying!! The second day 26th we may do some tours - and we cruise out the 27th....

We have booked the Old Lahaina Luau in Maui - by total recommendations from this board it is the very best of all the Luau's in Hawaii.... and way cheaper (US$78.00 + US$46 per child) than what Celebrity is asking (US$86.00 per person - even for children - I have two + a teenager).

We have also booked a full day tour from Hilo of Volcano National Park - around 8 hours I think - the helicopter even though we would love to take it would be just toooooo expensive once you convert the $185 into Aussie Dollars = $360 then multiply this by 5 people but if you can afford it it also come highly recommended. We though we could wing-it through the other islands either by hiring a car (which is really cheap - US$26 per day) or just do some "touristic" things as we go along - if you see someone on the wrong side of the road it will probably be me and my family!

Have you booked anything yet?

Merryl
Old September 20th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: What's the Weather in Hawaii Like???

Hi, 80 to 85 would amount to 27 - 29 degrees C.
Old November 3rd, 2002, 01:29 PM
Broweziila

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the Weather in Hawaii Like???

If at all possible, I HIGHLY recommend a helicopter flyover of the volcanos on the big island. You just can't get the sight of the lava flows from the ground, or the lava pits bubbling, from a land tour. This is truly awesome, albeit it expensive. You might be able to find some 2 for one deals. I was able to find them in a book you can order called the Entertainment Guide (www.entertainment.com). Here's the index to the book, which you can see offers some helicopter tours. http://www.entertainment.com/index.c...nav=offerindex
I buy one of these books every year for the city I live in. I also look to buy one for cities I travel to. I bought one for my last trip to Hawaii, and figured it saved me close to $500 on dinners, entertainment, and tours. It's a really good deal (By the way, I'm not affiliated with this company at all, I just love a good deal :-). Also try a www.google.com search of "Hawaii coupons" and see what you turn up.

...but then, you can't miss a land tour of the Volcano National Park either. When I was last there, I planned on 4 hours. I thought I would be there even less since it was raining. Wound up spending the entire day there. Bring good shoes, as there are some great hiking trails. Definitely hike out to see the steaming vents. REALLY NEAT.

Here's another neat trick. If you drive there, on the way back put your car in neutral and see how far you can coast when you leave Hawaii Vol. Nat. Pk. If the traffic doesn't make you start/stop, you should be able to coast 20 milesor more at or above the speed limit. Gives you a little appreciation for the vastness of the volcano!
Old January 10th, 2003, 11:07 PM
audrey

Default Re: Re: What's the Weather in Hawaii Like???

we were in Hawaii from Dec 9 thru Dec 19 and the weather was just perfect. But we always have good luck on any cruise we take. I love Hawaii there is so much to see.
I rather cruise then just go to one island.
Old February 12th, 2003, 11:05 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: What's the Weather in Hawaii Like???

My husband and I are going to Hawaii on the Sun Princess in 4 weeks and I've been watching the weather, but I know from being there before that it's going to be great. The most rain you might have is a little in the morning and then it goes away for the afternoon. The only weather problems we encountered was in January one year, it was their rainy season, when we took a cruise there. We went on another cruise in May one year and it was wonderful. We've done the Old Lahaina Luau in Maui two years ago, and it was a very, very good Luau, we really enjoyed it. Have a great time. HAPPY CRUISING. PS: I've done the Helicopter tour two or three times but I didn't have to pay for kids; but it was one of the best tours I've ever taken in the almost 30 cruises we've been on. We're taking the Hilo tour this time, because we've done the copter a couple of times, but I would highly recommend the helilcopter tour if you can swing it. It's something I'll never forget.