Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Passenger

Default Precruise Package

My wife and I are cruising the Hawaiian Islands aboard the Radiance of the Seas from May 13th to 24th of 2003. We have booked a precruise package through Royal Caribbean for two nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

We would very much like to hear from anyone who has stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, how was the experience, and if you were booked there as part of a package from RCCI, how did they treat you. That is... what kind of accomodations were included, any other perks, tranfers, etc.

Thanks to all,

Dave & Susan
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Dave P

Default Re: Precruise Package

Hello Susan and Dave...My wife and I are going on our 9th cruise October 27th also to the Hawaiian Islands. We will be on one of our favorite ships the Dawn Princess on Princess Cruise Lines.

We too are doing a pre-cruise package which we do on all cruises we take. We are staying two nights prior to our cruise also at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. So, when we get back, we can provide you with some information. We have heard great things about this hotel and are looking forward to it.

We are pretty open minded about pre-cruise packages and the cruise itself, so our opinions will be written with that in mind. I'm sure you know that our opinion may be different than others, but we have always felt that unless something is so bad, there is no need for us to gumble too much. We have seen too many people on cruises expect that the world owes them everything and some people just complain about everything

I'm sure you will have a sensational time. RCCL is a great cruise line too and we have been on their cruises many times. We will e-mail you when we get back on November 6th. A 9-day cruise to Hawaii...can hardly believe it.

Regards,

Loni and Dave
Old September 26th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hilton Hawaiian Village is a WONDERFUL property. Waikiki Beach right out the door, and a pleasant walk into the center of Waikiki for an evening stroll if you like.

On premise restaurants are expensive, but lots of options close by.

We didn't use any transfers so can't help there.

Old September 27th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Precruise Package

Hi Loni and Dave,
We look forward to reading what you have to say about the hotel and your trip in general. We tend to agree that life is too short to complain a lot. We were surprised that RCCI is only offering one pre-cruise package and four post cruise packages.
Thanks for your response and we do look forward to reading about your experiences.
Have a great time, we envy you not having to wait until May.
Dave and Susan
Old November 11th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Yeoman

We did the October 20th Radiance to Hawaii from Vancouver. I posted a review, but for some reason I get an error message, maybe it isn't ready to be viewed....I don't know.
Any way, I wish I would have done Honolulu to Vancouver, to have the 5 days at sea at the end of the cruise. You are going to love the ship........If you are not booking tours of the islands, I recommend rent a car in every port to explore the islands. Or you will take the free shuttle to all the shopping malls and spend lots of money......like I did. I had to buy a suitcase for all the stuff I brough and had to pay $75 for have more than 2checked suitcases each. We flew United.

I hope you will be able to read my review tomorrow.

Cheryl

Old December 11th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Precruise Package

Hi Cheryl,
Well fate has stepped in and knocked us right out. At least three cruises on the Radiance have been cancelled in May. Soooooooooooooooooooo... Now instead of going back to see Hawaii, we get to go to Alaska in July aboard the new Pacific Princess, eleven days roundtrip out of San Francisco. It will be a very different experience going from the Radiance to the Pacific Princess. 2000 people down to 640. Hmmmmm.
Thanks for the note,
Dave & Susan

New Pacific Princess
July 1, 2003