Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Beginner

Default Tahiti or Hawaii

We are planning a cruise for our 10th anniversary & are trying to decide between Tahiti/French Polynesian islands or Hawaii. We've never been to either. Aside from cost, what would those of you who have been to both suggest & why? Thank you so much for your feedback!
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2002, 10:32 AM
GK

Default Re: Tahiti or Hawaii

Tahiti by far, if you like remote unspoiled areas. People are freindly polite and not at all pushy. Islands are not commercialized. Water and sea life is spetacular. We have done 16 cruises and out Rennanciance Tahiti cruise was the best. We are planning to go back next spring on one of teh Princess ships that they just purchased from Ren.
Old September 30th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Passenger

Hi - Can't tell about either choice, but I can tell you my husband and I had the same decison to make for our 25th which is coming up in 2003. So we decided to take a cruise through Hawaii and Tahiti it is 12 days. I feel we have the perfect trip planned being able to go to both places. If you need any more info feel freee to e-mail me Nancy
Old October 4th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Tahiti or Hawaii

I also recommend the combined trip BUT start in Hawaii and end in Tahiti. Obviously Hawaii is nice but the South Pacific is even prettier. The airport is open air in Papeete and can be uncomfortable (especially since we had plane malfunction there last time).

Last I heard there were some great specials in the Tahiti only itinerary now that Princess bought the Renaissance ship. If budget is not that big a deal, I also heartily recommend a balcony since theclouds and water are SO nice.
Old November 19th, 2002, 07:22 AM
erik marcus

Hi,
We are thinking of going on the Tahitian Princess which used to be the R3.How is that boat.can You e mail me at kingrick1869@aol.com
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Jim & Karon

Default Re: Re: Re: Tahiti or Hawaii

Have done both- Tahiti on Radisson in 2000 and Hawaii on RCCL in 2001. We're going back to Hawaii on Celebrity this Nov. There isn't much to see in Tahiti. But each island in Hawaii has so much to see and do, there's no comparison. If you go to Tahiti, you can say you have been there and not much else. Hawaii hands down.
Jim
Old May 14th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Vivienne Gorman

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahiti or Hawaii

Have not been to Hawaii as yet, but we are due due get married in kauai in October, then cruise the other islands, but we have been to Tahiti and we found Papeete to be dirty, expensive and full of traffic !! From Papeete you can see Moorea, now that is a beautiful island !!
Vivienne (United Kingdom)
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:04 AM
Robert Glotzer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahiti or Hawaii

how is the weather that time of year
Old September 29th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Brenda Danca

Tell me more about this trip. What cruise line and time of year are you going?
Thanks Much!
Old October 5th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Passenger

Did the Hawaii Tahiti cruise in April it was FANTASTIC!!! Tahiti was great but moorea and bora bora were beautiful. We went on the dawn princess and had the time of our lives. Good thing we started in Hawaii and ended in Tahiti that is the way to do it. Only complaint was the long plane trip from Tahiti to NY OUCH!!! other then that it was the best vacation we have ever taken Good luck planning. Nancy
Old October 25th, 2003, 04:58 PM
First Mate

Just returned from the Tahitian Princess on Friday. Highly recommend it. The crew onboard was the friendliest we have ever encountered. Can't say much for the entertainment, but the ship is wonderful (get a balcony), and the food was good. The itinerary was awesome. You have to do the Nautique tour in Huahine (not done through the ship) it was our best day.
Will be putting pictures in the photo gallery in the next few days.
Hope this helps.

Old December 1st, 2003, 10:22 PM
ericnrobin

Can you tell me more about the Nautique Tour on Huahine? We will be on the Tahitian Princess this comming January and are trying to pick our excursions early. Who did you book with and how much, what did you see? And why was it the best???

Sorry for all the questions just trying to make the most of this awesome trip.

Robin