Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2002, 01:14 PM
GK

Default Germaine's laua

Has anyone heard of this laua near Wikiki. We are doing a post cruise in Honolulo with a freind named Germaine and her birthday is taht same week. Unless it is disasterous, we thought of doing this beachfront luau.. Info would be appreciated. Kate
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Dave P

Default Re: Germaine's laua

Hello...I can't say that we have ever of the laua you are talking about, however, we are cruising on the Dawn Princess in a couple of weeks and are doing a pre-cruise laua in Waikiki.

We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and are going to the Paradise Cove Laua. We have been told this is one of the best Lau's on all of the islands. It has been rated on top in every book and magazine we've seen and Paradise Cove Laua was featured on the Travel Channel and Food Channel for also being the best. Their Laua is also located next to water with magnificant views.

You might want to check into this Laua. It seems like you can't go wrong. Depending upon when you are going, I will be reporting back on November 7th our trip experience, and could offer some extra insight.

Dave P
Old October 16th, 2002, 09:33 AM
MarieA

I thought it was the Old Lahaina Luau that was featured on the Food/Travel Channel?
Old October 16th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Germaine's laua

You are correct Old Lahaina Luau was featured on Emrol Lagassi's trip to Hawaii on the Food Channel. This is on Mauii however, not Oahu. I'm sure that at sometime , other Luau's have been featured on Food Channel as well.
To GK I can see why if you travel companion is named Germaine you would want to go to Germaine's Luau. Let me confuse you further by suggesting you spend an afternoon and evening at the Poynesian Cultural Center (including their Luau).
Old November 3rd, 2002, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

We went to Germaine's in October and really enjoyed it. I thought the food was great and I loved the entertainment. They explained all of the different polynesian cultures and their dances. This was our first trip to Hawaii so I'm not familiar with the luaus.