Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2002, 01:55 PM
bobnpat

Default Car rental on Maui

I have read many posts from folks who have rented cars in the Hawaiian islands, and I plan on doing the same. However, in researching rental agencies, I have found that, with two exceptions, on the island of Maui, all the rental agencies are at the airport at Kahului, while the ship will call on the port at Lahaina.

So, my question is for those who have done the car rental. My wife heard that the rental companies will provide a shuttle from Lahaina to the airport for picking up those who have advance reservations. Can anyone confirm or refute this? Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jc
Default Re: Car rental on Maui

We were booked with Dollar and we missed the shuttle... the budget lady was there selling rentals and we negotiated a convertible for about $10 less than our dollar rental and we cancelled it and went with Budget. They pick you up and shuttle you about 5 miles or so away.

jc
Old November 4th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Yeoman

We rented a car on Maui. We rented from www.hawiiiandiscountcarrental.com. We rented from Budget. Their shuttle picks you up from the pier. Don't reserve for the airport. I think it is JMH or something. If you rent online and they give you to sites to choose from in Maui, don't pick the airport.

Cheryl

Old November 5th, 2002, 02:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Hello bobnpat,

Cheryl is right. We did it this past May. No credit card required while making the reservation. When you get to the pier just call the number they give you and your all set.

http://www.hawaiidiscountcarrental.com/

Old November 5th, 2002, 01:53 PM
deedles

If your port is Lahaina I wouldn't bother renting a car. Everything is right there for you. Our port was Kahalui and basically we had no choice but to rent a car or take the free shuttle to Wal-Mart. It's about 1/2 trip from Kahalui to Lahaina so keep that in mind. Our car was from Budget and it was $28 for the day....we had to be back by 9:30 to turn the car in and get the shuttle back to the ship.bobnpat wrote:
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:03 PM
Beginner

Heres a good resource on rental cars specifically for folks on cruises.
http://hawaiidrive-o.com/cruises-rentals.html
Rates look decent also.
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to fl_tpa_1956male Send a message via MSN to fl_tpa_1956male Send a message via Yahoo to fl_tpa_1956male

enterprise is a lot closer, in the Sheraton complex or something like that. But they screwed up picking me up. But once you get the car it is great. I would not recommend them, if you are pressed for time. The big scenic drive, of course is on the way to Hanna, but it is a long drive. Also up to the volcano/mountain, very nice, same on the big island. But very time consuming. a ferry ride to molokai and back may be fun or some of the fishing trips
Old July 15th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Beginner

Hai....bobnpat...i read this topic & i think there are so many websites thats are help u to take dicission about ur problem ...thanks.
Old September 29th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Beginner

Knowing what one can afford is a great way to find an affordable Kauai vacation rental. What you can afford or what you would like to spend on a vacation rental is important. This is because not everyone has the same views concerning affordability.
---------------------
Selleys

Car Auctions