Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2003, 10:10 PM
Shaden

Default Weather--Hawaii to Vancouver

Going on Vision of the Seas--May 28-----Hawaii to Vancouver.
Can anyone tell me what to expect on the 5 days at sea traveling to Vancouver?
Is it warm enough to sit at the pool? In a swimsuit or shorts and a top?
What type of clothing should we pack for those 5 days.....I would hate to have all shorts and tank tops and have it be cooler. And I don't want to bring all pants and longer sleeve tops if not necessary. I would like to pack the right way...know what I mean?
I hope someone can help me with this.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2003, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Weather--Hawaii to Vancouver

The last two days into Vancouver could be a bit cool. We did this route last year a bit earlier in May, and encountered unusually cool weather out of Hawaii and actually got warmer as we approached Vancouver.

Old March 4th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Shaden

Default Re: Re: Weather--Hawaii to Vancouver

Thanks so much for the info. Was it warm enough to wear a bathing suit and swim those days that it was warmer? I so appreciate these boards...they help so much with getting ready for a trip. What ship did you sail on? Did you enjoy that cruise alot? Sorry to be asking so many questions....but we are usually caribbean cruisers and don't know the first thing about traveling in the Pacific. Any other pointers you can give me will be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Old March 7th, 2003, 09:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Weather--Hawaii to Vancouver

We were on the RCCL's Legend of the Seas, sailing from Hawaii to Vancouver a few years ago and it was in May. We encountered cold, rainy weather the closer we got to Vancouver. We had a wonderful cruise but I would definitely pack warmer close for those few days. Happy Cruising.....
Old March 10th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Shaden

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Weather--Hawaii to Vancouver

Thank You Buddy for the input. It is great to have these boards to help out in things like this. A vacation is a vacation--with warmer clothes on this one!!!!!! Thanks again for your help.
Old April 29th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Delores

We were on the Vision to Alaska last Sept. It's a beautiful ship. There is a solarium & indoor pool so if it's cool out, you still can go in that pool. It's always warm & pleasant in there. You'll really enjoy that ship, I'm sure. Have a great time!
!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:13 AM
DavHar

Default Re: Re: Weather--Hawaii to Vancouver

Hey Shaden
We live in Vancouver and are going on the same sailing of the Vision May 28th. This is our first Hawaii-Vancouver cruise.
The weather here in May is usually pretty good, its been sunny and warm the last few days.We had most of our cold,wet,weather in April which was very unusual this year.
We also read about the covered solarium over one of the pools,that was one of the features we liked on the Vision.
We will also be taking some warm clothing just in case,longsleeve shirt, windbreaker.
Hope this helps, maybe we'll see you aboard!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 12:24 PM
shaden

Default Re: Re: Re: Weather--Hawaii to Vancouver

We will defintiely bring something warmer for the cooler days/nites. But, no matter just looking forward to getting away from it all!!!! Hope you see you on board also. How many people are you traveling with? We are a group of 6.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 12:30 PM
shaden

DavHar--Have you received your documents yet? I a received my husbands and mine but the other 4 people in your party have yet to receive theirs--it's been 2 weeks that I have had mine!