Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Carol Pullen

Default Any alternative to bus ride from Ensenada to San Diego?

I have read such awful stories about the bus ride both to Ensenada from San Diego and from Ensenada to San Diego, I am wondering if anyone has specific information on alternative transportation back to San Diego and if so what is the cost?

Carol
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Any alternative to bus ride from Ensenada to San Diego?

I am interested in this as well. We will be travelling from Ensenada to San Diego at the end of our cruise. RCL has included the transfers, but I am hearing horror stories about the bus ride? Sould we rent a car for the day? make our own arrangements? I would hate for a great cruise to end on a sour note.
Anita
Old May 27th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

I took the bus ride from Ensenada to San Diego. It was MISERABLE! The worst of it all was they woke us up at 5:30 by starting to call the different color tags. Our color didn't get called until 8:30am. We then boared the bus and took about a 3hr. ride to San Diego. Only to arrive by 11:30am and could not check in our bags until 1:30. We, along with alot of other Carnival passengers had to sit outside the airport until then just to watch our luggage. Then, we checked in and our flight didn't even leave until 7:00. Then, took an hour flight up to San Francisco only to wait until 10:30 to leave and head back to Newark, NJ. Because you need transportation to the airport I don't know how else you can get there besides the buses. Our cruise was great but it literally took us 24 hours to get home which was very aggrevating. Maybe you can look into a car service?
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Carol Pullen

Default Re: Re: Any alternative to bus ride from Ensenada to San Die

I am checking on alternative transportation leaving Ensenada. If I find a good limo service, I will post the particulars.

Carol
Old June 24th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Any alternative to bus ride from Ensenada to San

Thanks Carol, I'll do the same.
Old October 24th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Lee Smalley

We'll be heading from San Diego to Ensenada for a cruise on Celebrity in November. Does anyone know if the cruise lines make arrangements for the buses individually or is it a "generic" bus trip for all? Doesn't sound too good. Please post any info you may have on the possibility of renting a car.
Old November 7th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Bruce Chafkin

Yes, there is a great alternative to taking the bus back and forth from SD to Ensenada.
Fly directly to Hawaii, avoiding those nasty bus trips and 5 days of seasickness across a rocky Pacific Ocean. Then book a seven day Hawaiian Cruise on the Norwegian Star.
You will have a much better time.
Old November 7th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

I really don't think so Bruce. Norwegian goes to Fanning Island which takes 1.5 days to get there and 1.5 days to get back to Hawaii. And from what I've heard from numerous people it's a waste of time and Fanning Island doesn't have anything to see besides lots of poverty. Seems like a waste of 3 days to me. And then you don't get to spend as much at the Hawaiian islands as you do on the Carnival cruise. But hey, if that's what you like then go for it.
Old November 9th, 2003, 11:45 AM
princess

I agree with Bruce.

Starting your cruise from Hawaii is the best.

The NCL Pride of America, and Pride of Aloha I think are not going to visit Fanning Island.

The brochures are not out as yet.