Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:02 AM
Robert Glotzer

Default Ensenada to Hawaii

I just booked the Celebrity Infinity from Ensenada to Hawaii November 16, 2003.
Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as weather, food and entertainment.
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2003, 06:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Ensenada to Hawaii

It's going to be cool until you get closer to Hawaii.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Ensenada to Hawaii

We'll be on the same cruise. Everything about the ship should be good. We've previously been on her sister ships, Millennium, Summit & Constellation, where we enjoyed excellent food, service and entertainment. As Danielle mentioned, the first couple days on the way to Hawaii will probably be cold. We live in Florida and only like warm or hot weather, so we probably won't be out on our balcony very much in the beginning.
Old June 4th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Robert Glotzer

Default Re: Re: Re: Ensenada to Hawaii

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for responding. My wife and I were on the Constellation last year in the Caribbean and wanted to try Celebrity again. This cruise will be for our 10th anniversary.
When you say cold weather starting from Ensenada, do you mean long pants and shirts? Will shorts and bathing suits be out. Since we are at sea for 4 days I was hoping to relax on deck in the sun and do some swimming. By the way, we are traveling from New Jersey.

Robert
Old June 4th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ensenada to Hawaii

Hey Robert...we were traveling from NJ too. Long trip! We sailed from Hawaii to Ensenada and had 5 sea days. By the second day it was very very windy and cloudy. I tried to brave the winds and lay out in my bathing suit (and sometimes sweatshirt) but by the third day there was just no sun and unless you were in the jacuzzi it was too cool and windy out. Pants at night is a good idea but during the day I think shorts and a t-shirt & possibly sweatshirt is a good idea. Who knows, you might get lucky and it will end up being sunny at least. Have fun, Hawaii is amazing!
Old June 6th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Jim & Karon

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ensenada to Hawaii

Robert,
We're going also on the 16th. Remember, you'releaving from Mexico and going southwest. We're from St. Louis and the weather will be warm for us. You will get a good breeze on the side balconies.
Jim
Old June 14th, 2003, 07:06 PM
audrey

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ensenada to Hawaii

we took the cruise to Hawaii last Dec. from Ensenada and it was a great cruise from beginning to end. The third day out we won a suite for the rest of the cruise and since we were moving from a inside cabin it was just great. We had some great parties in the suite.
Old October 24th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Lee Smalley

It's nice to read so many comments about this cruise, especially about what to wear. We will be on the same cruise in November. Guess I better pack a sweatshirt along with my shorts and bathing suit. Robert, we were planning on spending time on deck in the sun as well. Hope the weather is good!
Old November 13th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Bruce Chafkin

Cold weather and choppy seas are the rule on most cruises from Ensenada to Hawaii. Take lots fo warm clolthes and plenty of Dramamine.