Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Old Salt

Default Shore excursions, NCL

I'm cruising the Hawaiian islands with my 66 year old mother (who is very active and in great shape) in December. We've never done a cruise before and have some basic questions. When the ship docks, are there rental cars readily available? What is the best way to arrange for a rental car to meet us at the port? I think we might enjoy seeing some of the sights on our own rather than by NCL shore excursion. Any thoughts on this are certainly appreciated!! Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2003, 12:07 PM
bobnpat

Default Re: Shore excursions, NCL

Some of the ports, like Hilo, have rental vans at the pier, but, mostly, you will have to make your reservations ahead of time, and call the car rental company to send a van to the pier to pick you up, then go to the nearest airport to pick up the car. This was true for my cruise for stops in Kauai (although I think there may have been a Budget van there), Lahaina, Maui, and Kona. I all cases, it was about a 10-minute ride to the airport. This was back in April, and things may have changed since then