Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Passenger

Default Tahiti

Am considering the Tahitian Princess next April or May. Which month is better as far as weather, rainfall, etc?

We will be flying from Houston. What time do the flights normally leave LA for Papeete? Would it be better to fly into LA a day early? If we do not fly in early, do we have to claim our luggage and recheck into whatever airline is going to Papeete?

Also, is everything closed on Sundays on all of the islands? This will help us decide which cruise to book.

Ginger
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Gloria Howard

Default Re: Tahiti

We took the Windstar, March 28th thru April April 4th, than did a post stay at the Sheraton in Tahiti...... The weather was bad for us,,,,, they said it was the worse they had had in a long time...... the end of march early april is the end of the rain season.....
The islands were great........ Enjoyed the cruise very much...... The sheraton in Tahiti was wonderful.......

You will enjoy, Our next cruise is May 8, 2004, we are taking the new RCCL ship
Serenade of the Seas, for the Hawaii cruise, from Mexico..... with a post stay afterwards...
If I can be of any help please let me know..
Old January 10th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Passenger

Ginger, we are going 5/7/04. please email me if you should be going on that date too! There are about 6 of us that have met over the internet and are trying to meet each other when we get on the ship. YOu can private email me at mbr961@bellsouth.net
Nancy
Old January 18th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Familiar Face

I cannot answer all of your air connection questions as we took a long trip in advance of the cruise that took us to New Zealand for a month, so we flew to Papeete from Auckland. But I can tell you that the better weather is in May, June, July, August. We just got back from the Tahitian on Jan 8, having spent New Years at sea and I can tell you it was wonderful. We knew when we booked that it was in fact the rainy, humid season, but as we were going to be in NZ for Christmas, we booked the cruise anyway. The small(ish) ship is wonderful and the ports of call very beautiful. We were quite lucky and had lots of sunshine and very little rain, although it was very very humid. The hotels in Tahiti are very expensive and the flights in and out do not seem to concide with the ship departure/return dates..I think it is a plot to get the cruisers to use the hotels for a day or two. Even though expensive, it is very nice just catching a cab to the ship, dressed in shorts, after having had a nice swim in the hotel pool or ocean....very relaxing.

I do have one must do tour for you if you like snorkeling, swimming with stingrays etc. In Bora Bora. Get off right away when you dock at noon, and go to the second tree on your left, and ask for Johnny. Book a tour with him (we booked for 9 a.m. the next day). He will show you a great day for about 6000 FCP ($60 U.S.).