Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2003, 11:31 PM
Passenger

Default Bad Trip?

I see all these post about the bad experience with the bus from Esenada to San Diego.
Just how bad of a nightmare was it. We are planning a 10 day Hawaii cruise and would really hate to have it end on a sour note. Also if anyone has come up with an alternate to get back to San Diego, I would love to hear about it
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2003, 12:53 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Bad Trip?

Pardon my french but it sucked with a capital "S." Border wait is due to 9-11 and we came back 6 weeks after the event so may have improved since then. A necessary evil to be sure but would have been better if the ladies weren't afraid to use the toilet on the bus (it was the worst I have seen but unpleasant. My Mom's (74 yrs old) main criticism was how early we had to rise and start staging for the buses (we got up at 0315 I think).
Old December 9th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Passenger

I agree with Robbie, the border crossing was terrible. I may make a Hawaii cruise again, but I sure won't be returning to Ensanada. I would try Vancouver, or better yet, and Round-trip if you can find one.
Old December 10th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Donna Hill

Default Re: Re: Bad Trip?

Yes, Vancouver is much better, and it is such a lovely place to do a pre or post-cruise!
Old January 19th, 2004, 02:07 PM
MarieSMartin

Has anyone done the Vancouver to Hawaii. How is the 5 days at sea. Does Royal do a good job of providing activies? And most importantly are the days at sea rough. We are going in Sept, so hopfully no major storms, But I would like to hear a general response from others that have done the 5 days. Where I dont get real seasick, I do tend to get a little quizzey. In Alsaka the wrist band helped. Any suggests?
Old January 21st, 2004, 10:13 AM
Yeoman

Due to my bad experience with Ensenada, the wife and I did the Vancouver to Hawaii run in late Sept. It was GREAT and the sea days do fly by. Lots to do if you wanted to but we just rested up. Seas were gentle the whole way and Vancouver is MUCH better than Ensenada experience.
Old February 8th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Passenger

Why not take a ship out of Los Angeles? We went on the Regal Princess in December and it made the round trip via LA. The ship stopped in Enseneda, but only for maybe an hour on the way back from Hawaii, and you couldn't get off the ship. You hardly noticed it.
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:33 PM
LMG

How were the days at sea? Were the seas calm or more rough. I am very interested in taking a Nov cruise on Island Princess, but I am worried about rough seas. Any ideas?
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:17 PM
del

Celebrity cruises offere a round trip Hawaii cruise ( not sure where but it is from LA or San Diego).
Old February 10th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Celebrity cruise is on the Infinity for a 15-night Roundtrip out of San Diego to Hawaii. It's only for the week of December 5 for this year and it's pretty well on it's way to a sell out. It's been very popular (as told to me by the Hotel Manager on the Summit).

I'm waiting for the April calendar to come out to book for 2005. Celebrity is going to add a few more weeks to this cruise since it was so popular.

It will stop in Ensenada for one hour, but you will fly in and out of San Diego.

As soon as I saw this, Iknew this is the way I want to go to Hawaii via cruising.
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:23 AM
SF Sharon

Since the December Celebrity cruise is so popular, I would like to see Celebrity offer a second sailing date for this. It sounds like it is a money maker for them.

Of course, most of all, I'd like to see the Jones Act deep-sixed and be able to sail round trip from San Francisco!
Old February 17th, 2004, 01:34 PM
hcat

This is very helpful--we are just starting to plan for a Hawaii cruise & I see my husb is right (again) about going via Vancouver...For those who have cruised before what is best--Fly to hawaii & cruise back or vice versa. My preference would be to do the RT but can't go this Dec as we have three other big cruises already booked--would seriously consider it for 05. When will that be offered?