Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Honeymooner

Default Tahiti

Has anybody combined an overwater bungalow stay with their cruise in Tahiti? Where is the best place to enjoy this? I am looking for a reasonable place where I can get an all-inclusive package as I hear food and drinks can be costly there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2003, 09:49 AM
10X

Default Re: Tahiti

I have been looking for some of this same information for our 2-11-05 Tahitian Princess cruise. I found that there is a wealth of information about this on the Princess page of the Cruise Critic web site; http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic/a/cfrm

Do a search of the Princess page before posting your question, because most of what you are looking for has already been answered.

Over-the-water bungalos go for over $400 per night.
Old January 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Toto

One thing to keep in mind is that there are no overwater bungalows that are what anyone might call 'reasonable', espeically with an all inclusive. Tahiti is a very expensive place to visit so make sure to take lots of $$$$$$ for a pre night stay. Much will depend on your budget for your pre or post cruise stay. You might take a look at some of the specials posted on the Air Tahiti Nui site, many people combine their own air and hotel stay in a package deal.
And best of luck! The overwater bungalows are fantastic, but very pricey too.
Old February 1st, 2004, 01:09 PM
Passenger

We were on the Dawn Princess in April Hawaii to Tahiti and when we were in Moorea we rented an over the water bungalow for the day. At the Sofitel it was $160 for the day we were able to use everything and stay in the bungalow for the day till we needed to get back to the ship. It was almost the same price as doing an excursion and we had SO MUCH FUN it was GREAT you should think about asking for a day rate. any ? please ask Nancy