Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2003, 12:19 AM
bonie

Default Carnival Spirit Duty Free Shops

My husband and I along with 8 other family members are booked on the Spirit Hawaii Cruise out of Honolulu April 30th, around the islands then to Vancouver.

Has anyone recently been on the Spirit and can tell me if you purchase alcohol in the duty free shops can you take the alcohol to your room??

In the phamphlet it states no alcohol may be taken to the room ?? When we were on the Carnival Fascination and the Royal Carribean Rhaposody of the Seas there was no problem purchasing a bottle of alcohol and walking it back to the room.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bonnie
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2004, 02:58 AM
bonnie corns

Default Re: Carnival Spirit Duty Free Shops

Can anyone tell me if they have recently been on Carnival Spirit? and can you buy a bottle of liquor on board and take it back to their room????

Thanks,
Old March 7th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Diane01

I was on the Carnival Conquest in January....any liquor purchased was brought to our room Saturday...our cruise was Sunday to Sunday

Are you wondering so you can have your own alcohol during the cruise? If so, pack it in your luggage, that's what we did

We also carried on our Dt Dr Pepper since we knew they served Coke brand on board

Are you flying to Hawaii and it's a one way cruise? That would be kinda of neat...We live in Downtown Honolulu
Old March 15th, 2004, 09:18 PM
bonnie corns

Hi Diane.

Not sure what I am going to do about the liquor. I am not a big drinker, love to have the slushy drinks and that is fine. But I also like to have a Kahula and Milk. On our last cruises we always ordered milk thru room service (kept the fridge stocked) and had the bottle of kahlua that I bought in the duty free shop. May just have to take some with me.

Do you remember if the had Club Soda to drink ??

We are flying to Hawaii, then cruise the islands for 7 days, then cruise 5 days home to Vancouver BC.

You live in Honolulu. Lucky you. I have been about 7 times in total, always land vacations, but haven't been for about ?? 20 years.

I believe our ship docks in Honolulu at the Aloha Tower.

There are a total of 10 of us going. My mom and older sister arrive in waikiki 1 week prior to the cruise, then my brother and his wife arrive 4 days prior and my husand and I arrive 2 days prior then the next 4 arrive day of the cruise.

How long have you lived in Honolulu?? Since our family has gone to waikiki for several years we have gotten to know a few people. One fireman we met 30 years ago is the nicest person I have every met. We always stayed at the reef towers. This year my mom and sister are staying there but my brother / wife and my husband and self are staying at the Ohana Waikiki Tower.

Is there anything bad about the tower?? Assume it should be ok, we are only there for 2 days. Looking forward to visiting the International Marketplace, Dukes Lane, all the shopping.

Many years ago, about 20 years ago I remember going to Pearl City and there was a Monkey bar. (ie: baby monkeys behind glass). It was awsome and would love to go back for a drink. Do you know if it is still there?

Anyways, guess I have rambled on and on. Would love to hear from you.

Thanks
Bonnie
Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:09 AM
Diane01

Hi Bonnie
I don't remember if they had club soda or not...We are Dt. Dr. Pepper drinkers and brought our own.

Yes, the docks are in Downtown Honolulu at Aloha Tower, that is about 2 blocks from our apartment

We have been in Hawaii for almost 3 years, job transfer, what a bad transfer huh? It's nice but I guess as with any place you live even if it is a top tourist place it can be taken for granted, I mean when one works and isn't here for 'vacation' it can become where you live. It was like that when we lived close to Vail, CO also. We are from Louisiana, so we kinda get the island fever and feel isolated at times.

I have not heard about the place in Pearl City and the monkeys. That doesn't mean it isn't there though...There are SO many things around here to see and do that I don't think one will ever do them all.

As far as the hotels, I am sure where you are will be fine. Like everything else there are so many of those in Waikiki, I always have to get out my map to find out where one is. Of course, just like excursions and things to do, you will find different opinions, that's not a bad thing really as long as people realize that just because someone likes something different than you may like doesn't make them wrong. Guess that is what makes this world go around so to speak.

The international market place is nice for souvenirs....But IF you have time and will be here on Saturday, Sunday or a Wednesday try to make it out to Aloha Stadium to the Swap Meet (like a big flea market). You will find the same kind of items, etc for a LOT less in price.

Hope I helped some.
Diane
Old March 29th, 2004, 01:17 AM
bonnie corns

Thanks Diane

I have made note of the Aloha Stadium for the Saturady while on the ship. I had heard about it before so I am looking forward to going.

Is the weather pretty good in the first 2 weeks of May ? I have already started my tanning so I won't have to worry about burning or trying to spend most of my time lyeing around trying to get a tan.

Also looked up the Aloha Tower and they have a big shopping center there also.

31 sleeps and counting.

Thanks again,

Bonnie
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:14 AM
Diane01

This has been the rainiest winter season since I have been here. It should be back to just the light rains soon.

Aloha Tower has some high priced shops (furniture, art, clothes, etc), there are quite a few restaurants there also, guess it depends on what kind of shopping you are wanting.

We took our first cruise 2 months ago, we can't wait to be able to go on another one, just have to figure out where and when to go.

Diane
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:09 PM
bonnie corns

Please dance to your sun gods and ask them to return by April 28th.

Guess I won't be doing too much shopping at Aloha Tower, not really into the "high priced shops". Like to find the deals.

I understand there is Costco in Waikiki, do they sell Kahlua or Baileys? and is the price reasonable?

I have been on a few cruises. Best so far was the Carribean, beautiful blue/green waters. Didn't care for the cruise down west side of mexico - cabo san lucas, puerto vallarta, matzaland - the water was similiar to our coast in B.C. and beaches no where like carribean, nor was there much site seeing.

Best to do a lot of reading on different review sites.

Really looking forward to going to the Aloha Stadium.

Thanks,
Bonnie
(bonnie_corns@yahoo.com)
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
Diane01

bonnie
I emailed you