Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2004, 07:59 PM
Yeoman

Default December Weather from San Diego to Hawaii, is it bad?

Can someone tell me if it would be a sea-sickness trip in December from San Diego to Hawaii?

Days at sea would be about five days on Celebrity's Infinity.

I am familiar with the Caribbean, but not the Pacific.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: December Weather from San Diego to Hawaii, is it bad?

Kathy, I just answered your other post. We were on Radiance October 10/8-10/18, Honolulu to Ensenada. We had 4 sea days coming back to Mexico, and the last 2 days were quite chilly and it was very windy. Lots of passangers were feeling the movement of the ship, I'm sure. I'm one of the very lucky ones who never gets sea sick. It's a chance you have to take, you can never predict what Mother Nature has in store for us.I don't think it would make a difference what month you took this cruise.i
Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:18 PM
hcat

What about Sept??? Do the get huriicanes too during Carin huriicane season?
Old April 3rd, 2004, 10:23 AM
hcat

Also Nov?
Old April 4th, 2004, 04:22 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: December Weather from San Diego to Hawaii, is it bad

No hurricanes usually but the weather, as already stated, can be unpredictible anytime although the Pacific Ocean is usually better than the Atlantic. Winter usually worst time & is Nov to March.. That said have friends who have travelled Ensenada to Hawaii & reverse and have had good, average & bad weather soooo who knows - maybe it's just luck hmmmm??? You might want to consider flying to Hawaii & taking a 7 day Honolulu to Hon return with overnites on Maui, Kauaii & 2 stops on Big Island on NCL's Pride of Aloha (the Norw Sky refurbished & reflagged US with a US crew too)..U can get extra time on Oahu also for about the same cost as the 12 - 15 day cruises from the mainland taking into acct the extra cost of a one-way airfare. Since sailing closer to shore u might get better weather but better book quickly as the ship is filling up fast. I know 'cause I have already booked in late Jan. Hope this info. helps & happy cruisin'!
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:47 PM
Paulmj

We did the trip westbound once in December. It was pretty rough and many people were seasick. Two years later we did it eastbound, same time of the month, and it was like a lake all the way across.

Bottom line: Nothing you can do about it and you'll have a better time if you don't worry about it.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:13 AM
Frequent Cruiser

Which ships were you on each time on those sailings? The ship may have made a difference.