Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2004, 10:05 AM
joana

Default HAWAII OR PANAMA CANAL

HI TO ALL,
I WANT SOMEBODY TO HELP ME IN THIS MATTER-SHOULD I TAKE 10 DAYS CRUISE TO HAWAII THEN STAY THERE FOR 5 DAYS OR SHOULD I TAKE A PANAMA CANAL FROM SAN DIEGO TO SAN JUAN WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN OR CELEBRITY CRUISES ?
THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR COOPERATION
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Captain

Default Re: HAWAII OR PANAMA CANAL

Hi Joana,

That's a tough one because they're both really great trips. Hawaii is wonderful for all the reasons you probably already know about. There are sights there such as Volcanos National Park and the Hawaiian culture that you won't see on the Panama Canal cruise, which will include a few stops in the Caribbean. The beaches in Hawaii and the Caribbean are all fabulous. The Caribbean is obviously cheaper than Hawaii. We snorkel, and there are excellent locations in Hawaii and in the Caribbean. I guess it would boil down to how important the canal is to you. That is a wonderful day, and the history is fascinating. I think you would probably have more time at sea on a Panama Canal cruise (we did), so that might be a factor too. I think we had 4 or 5 full sea days, but they were broken up and not 4-5 full sailing days, so it was a relaxing trip, adn we like being on board ship. But for some people, that's just too much. You might look to see if you can get a fabulous deal on either location and then put the other location on your travel wish list. If I HAD to choose, I'd probably give Hawaii and "A" and the Panama Canal an "A-" because they're both great.

Happy traveling,
Donna
Old February 20th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Frequent Cruiser

Default Re: HAWAII OR PANAMA CANAL

You might factor the following into your equation:

Hawaii is very easy and reasonably priced to visit via plane and the Panama Canal is not.
The only way most people will ever visit this wonder is by cruise ship. Therefore, I choose the Panama Canal, a true one way transit, not one of the East Coast loops.