Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2004, 03:41 PM
Beginner

Default Hawaii shore excursions

I am going to Hawaii in May on the Celebrity Infinity can anyone tell me which shore excursions are worth seeing (they can't have much walking as my wife can't walk too much) I want to take a helicopter flight but am wondering which one? they have them from Hilo,Kohala,Maui,and Kauai should I book a ride through the internet or cruise line? .Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bruce

Post Edited (02-24-04 19:08)
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2004, 12:15 AM
hanna

Default Re: Hawaii shore excursions

I would go with the Helicopter tour in Hilo, the hour long one takes you over the volcanos and over some waterfalls. I would think booking directly through the company would be the cheapest route. We took Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, very nice. Don't do one out of Kona, they are more expensive because Kona is so much further away from the active volcano.
Don't get me wrong-Kauai would be a great place to do a helicopter tour if you don't do a boat tour along the Na Pali coast. I just think the volcano ride is a once in a lifetime thing.
HAVE FUN!
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:25 AM
hcat

Bruce--pls post on your return. We are now leaning towards taking our trip on the Infinity so your advice & impressions will be helpful as to the ship, weather, excursions etc.
Old April 6th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Beginner

Hcat as I said before as soon as I get back 5/22/04( we are staying three nights in Seattle),I will email my experiences of the whole cruise.