Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Ilse

Default Tahiti Shore Excursion

Can anyone tell me how to snorkell in Tahiti without having to hire a boat or pay for an expensive excursion? Is it possible to jump in off the Windstar sports platform when in port?
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Otis

Default Re: Tahiti Shore Excursion

I recently cruised to Tahiti on the Radisson Seven Sea's Paul Gaugiun and was wondering the same thing. Check with the cruise line and see if a snorkeling adventure is included at one of the stops. Otherwise, check out the islands and see if there are any beaches that are avaiable to swim at. Be SURE that it is safe, you don't want to be carried away by an underwater current. I met a couple on my cruise who rented bikes in Bora Bora and took along their snorkeling equiptment and stopped at several beaches for some relaxed snorkeling. All of the natives are extremely friendly and would be more than happy to help you out.