Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2004, 05:22 PM
First Mate

Default TOURS NCL Jan- Plse Help

Hope everyone is havin' a great day or will be soon! Need help with tours on our cruise around Haw Islands in Jan. Do u recommend booking ship tours (NCL), going it alone or perhaps booking on the pier. Am particularily interested in volcanos on the big island. Any & all suggestions, and wld love to read about your personal experiences, greatly appreciated. Happy cruisin' all!
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2004, 07:51 AM
gumpgirl

Default Re: TOURS NCL Jan- Plse Help

I am sailing Sunday, July 4, 2004 on the Pride of Aloha. I have booked several excursions on my own and a couple through NCL. I found the excursions were more expensive through NCL, but the problem was finding transportation to and from the
provider. I did a lot of research through google and made a lot of emails. I will let you know when I return how it all paid off.
Old July 11th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Dide

Default Re: Re: TOURS NCL Jan- Plse Help

Hi There,
I'm currently researching the same for NCL Wind 10 Days Hawaii Oct 2004.
Would appreciate your feed back & hope you had a great cruise ...
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:06 AM
asgiess

Default Re: Re: Re: TOURS NCL Jan- Plse Help

I just returned from our July 4th cruise on the Pride of Aloha. All of our excursions went off without a problem, even the ones I booked on my own. The ziplining adventure on Kauai was fabulous (I booked through Kauai BackCountry Adventures and saved around $50.00 each). I would highly recommend this one. We went ATV'ing on Kipu Ranch and this was also a lot of fun. We hiked the 6 miles on the lava fields. This was strenous but worth the work as we actually saw lava right under our feet, and my zoom camera was able to pick up the lava going right into the ocean. Extraordinary view. I also enjoyed the Maui downhill bicycle adventure (38 miles down Mt. Haleakala) but make sure you take a jacket as we about froze for the first 45 minutes or so. I would recommend that you do as many excursions on your own as possible as NCL charges quite a bit more for the very same excursion. I used Google and was able to find the companies directly. Happy cruising.