CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   South Pacific - Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/)
-   -   Debarkation and Pearl Harbour? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/256348-debarkation-pearl-harbour.html)

TEEJAY June 28th, 2004 12:55 PM

Debarkation and Pearl Harbour?

I am trying to plan our two days post stay after sailing the NCL Wind in November.
I am wondering what folks think our odds might be at being able to debark the Wind and do Pearl Harbour (Arizona & USS Missouri) on the same day. The schedule in the catalog says we get in to port at 7am. Any ideas?
Thanks.

PapaBill June 28th, 2004 04:12 PM

Re: Debarkation and Pearl Harbour?

Admission to Pearl Harbor Memorial is on a first come first served basis. They give out so many tickets for every 10 minutes, when all the tickeys are given out they are done for the day. You may land at 7am , but I wouldn't count on being ashore in 10 minutes.
You then need to do something with your luggage. No bags of any kind are allowed in
the memorial grounds for security reasons and knowing that everybody locks everything in the trunk of their cars, apparently theft from the cars has becaome a problem.
So, if you get off the ship quickly, get rid of your bags, get over to Pearl Harbor and are lucky about it being a relatively quiet day you can probably do it.

hcat June 28th, 2004 06:46 PM

We are going to try & take a ships tour when we get off & then after we are dropped at the airport we'll go to our hotel for the extra night--or maybe they can drop us at the hotel. Figure that's the best way to handle it...Has anyone done that???

hanna June 29th, 2004 01:28 AM

You should be fine. I believe the memorial opens about 7:30am. They give out #'s as you walk into the park/memorial waiting area and it is first come first serve, when they call your # you get in line to watch the movie, the go over to the memorial itself. I think you would have time to check into a hotel then take a taxi or shuttle to the memorial in plenty of time. I would say be there no later than noon.

Ziggy July 23rd, 2004 01:16 PM

We are going on the Wind in September and are going to book the ship tour to Pearl Harbor on disembarkation day - they take you and take care of luggage and then take you to the airport or hotel.

gumpgirl July 24th, 2004 04:57 PM

I was on the Pride of Aloha with NCL, and not the Wind. If you book the Pearl Harbor excursion through NCL, you will be assured to make it because NCL makes sure you disembark first since you have an excursion through them. They even keep your luggage while you are there. A lot of people were doing it when we got off. We were one of the last ones off ship at 9:45 a.m. because we had nothing planned.

TEEJAY July 24th, 2004 05:20 PM

Thanks for the info. Gumpgirl.
Hope you had a great trip.
tj