Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2004, 08:08 AM
KIM STANTON

Default ADVICE NEEDED FROM EXPERIENCED CRUISERS

Hi

I am from the UK and about to experience my first Cruise with Celebrity.

Can anyone out there give me a low down on the ship. Also, the shore excursions - what ones are recommended and which ones should I avoid?

I have checked the internet for weather info, and it seems to be about 80f in December- is this about right?

I am likely to see any whales on the trip?

I have never been to Hawaii before and it will be a trip of a lifetime, so if any one out there has any tips or info for a novice like me, please contact me!

Thanks very much

Kim
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: ADVICE NEEDED FROM EXPERIENCED CRUISERS

Let's start with this. What ship will you be on and what is the itinerary?
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:07 AM
KIM STANTON

Default Re: Re: ADVICE NEEDED FROM EXPERIENCED CRUISERS

HI

WE ARE ON THE INFINITY SAILING 5 DEC 04.

WE HAVE BOOKED THE WHALE EXCURSION BUT ARE NOT SURE WHATS THE BEST TRIP TO SEE ACTIVE VOLCANOES - AND ON WHICH ISLAND?

SO MANY QUESTIONS! WHAT IS THE WEATHER TEMP LIKELY TO BE ? HAVE HEARD VARIOUS THINGS ABOUT THE FOOD STANDARDS - DO YOU KNOW HOW THE FOOD COMPARES TO OTHER LINES? IS THE EVENING ENTERTANMENT GOOD?

MOST OF THE QUESTIONS I HAVE WILL BE ANSWERED ONCE I AM ON THE SHIP BUT ITS NICE TO BE ABLE TO CONTACT SOMEONE THATS ALREADY BEEN ON THE CRUISE TO FIND OUT THEIR OPINION ON AS MUCH AS WE CAN.

ANY TIPS OR INFO WILL BE WELCOME

THANKS VERY MUCH

KIM
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: ADVICE NEEDED FROM EXPERIENCED CRUISERS

By the time you get to Hawaii, the best place to see whales will be off the coast of Mauii
and you can quite often see them from land . Take a snorkel tour out to Molikini and you will likely see (and stop for) whales. If a whale excursion is offered I'm sure you will see whales.
There is only one place to go to see an ACTIVE volacano and that is the Big island (Hawaii). The best way to see activity would be to take a helicopter tour when you are in HILO.
Celebrity food is usually as good or better than the other popularly priced lines and dining service is generally superb.
Celebrity entertainment is generally excellent.
Your ship is modern, beautiful and well equipped in every aspect.
Weather in Hawaii will vary a bit from island to island and will generally reach 80 degrees f in the daytime.
Enjoy your cruise.
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:06 AM
KIM STANTON

Default Re: Re: Re: ADVICE NEEDED FROM EXPERIENCED CRUISERS

Hi

Thanks very much for the info -it is much appreciated!

We will take your advice and do the chopper tour over the volcanoes and if there are whales out there, Ill find them!!

Once again, thansk for taking the trouble to reply

Kind regards

Kim