Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:24 AM
CHC

Default Car rentals in Hawaii

I have been searching this site for information about Hawaii car rentals. Several people have suggested that you arrange this through your cruise line, but Royal Caribbean does not seem to offer this as an option. Other cruise reviews I have read say, "Be sure to arrange your car rentals in advance".

Can anyone tell me which rental agencies have a shuttle from the pier in Hilo, Lahaina and Kona?
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Car rentals in Hawaii

I read in another thread on the Pride of Aloha, that several car rentals run shuttles from the pier. I believe Thrifty is one of them.
Merg55
Old September 26th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Familiar Face

Just saw the same question from 8/15.... several people answers there
Old September 27th, 2004, 09:47 PM
jckyo

Most car rentals have shuttles to the pier. I am also visiting those Ports in the near future and reserved my cars will alamo. They have the best rates around and do have shuttle service. Just book direct. Also if you have AAAA, or belong to COSTCO or SAMS CLUB, they give you a discount. Just ask them. Good luck and have fun!!!!
Old October 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

I will be on the POA on 10/24 and booked all my car rentals through Alamo on each island. I did it right on line. they will help you choose the right location and send a shuttle to meet you at the pier. They were very accomodating and they had great prices.

Here is a travel agent suggestion - book your cars on a Tuesday or Wednesday through the website. Prices are lower than if you did the same booking on a weekend.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
Passenger

AAA booked us Hertz. They were very polite! They also had pier shuttles. We thought they were great. We even upgraded to the convertible Mustang. That was nice!