Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Vernalyn

Default Tahiti

My husband and I are going to sail on the Tahitian Princess May 14th 2005. We hope to stay a few days in Moorea before the cruise. Reading others opinions caused us to want to book a pre pkg. rather than a post package.
Does anyone have an idea as to what the weather is like in May? Is there anyone who is taking the same sailing? Suggestions on lesser expensive places to stay in Moorea?
Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Tahiti

We have only been in January, so I can't help you there. We are staying three nights pre cruise on Moorea at Pension Motu Iti. Right next door to the Sheraton, beach bungalow for 120 a night. I am very excited. I'll let you know how it is when we get back. Looks like the snorkeleing will be good right there off the beach.

Old November 25th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Denise Blackmore

Dear Vernalyn ,

The average temperature in Tahiti year-round is 79 F. May is not rainy season so the weather should be dry and warm! If you are looking for a nice hotel that's less expensive than the Sheraton & Intercontinental I'd recommend the Sofitel Ia Oro Moorea. Rates at this hotel start at $129 EUR per night.

Have fun!

Denise Blackmore, ACC
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:36 AM
LeslieB

There are a number of local hotels and larger hotels. I WOULD NOT stay in Sofitel during this time because it should be going through renovation. In terms of pricing, starting with most expensive to least expensive, Sheraton, Beachcomber, Pearl, Sofitel, Bali Hai then you have the real local ones, such as Les Tipaniers which is in a great location right on the beach across from the motu but mostly for Europeans and if you want very simple accomodations without air conditioning.

If you stay on Moorea rent a kayak at Les Tipaniers and paddle out to the motu (2 small islands about 10 minutes paddling off shore) go right in between and spend hald a day snorkeling in a very safe area. Then paddle back and have a Hinanu beer and a sandwich at Les Tipaniers for a very reasonable price, something like $7 per person.

I've been there many times and have many clients over there on cruises or in resorts. THe islands are beautiful and . THe best beach on Moorea is in the Sofitel, but stay away from it until they finishi rebuilding.

Leslie