Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2004, 06:59 PM
cohengm

Default What are the "must do's" on port stops in Hawaii

Especially Kauai, Oahu, Hilo, and Kailuakona (also Big Island) ...

Thanks ...
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2004, 05:38 PM
10X

Default Re: What are the "must do's" on port stops in Hawa

This question is very hard to answer with the information you have provided. As an example, I think a scuba dive is a must do, but it doesn't do me any good to give you the details if you're not certified. I also wouldn't recommend zip lining if I knew you were over 75 years old. A little more information would help.

What are your likes, dislikes, how active do you want to be, etc?
Old October 30th, 2004, 09:19 PM
gumpgirl@earthlink.net

If you are physically active, I would highly recommend the ziplining on Kauai (through Kauai BAckcountry Adventures). Absolutely breathtaking scenery and such a thrill. I would also recommend the ATV adventure on Kauai also. We saw scenery from Indiana Jones, Hook, Jurassic Park etc, AND we had a blast driving the four wheelers. I thoroughly enjoyed the 38 mile bike ride down Mt. Haleakala on Maui. Amazing.
If you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to answer them. Enjoy Hawaii.
Old November 7th, 2004, 08:54 AM
ccNVcpl

Check out www.hawaiimovietour.com if you enjoy seeing where the TV & movies were filmed. Of course you should visit the Polynesian Cultural Center (www.polynesia.com) while on Oahu.
Old November 20th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Lene

When we spent a couple of weeks in Hawaii on our honeymoon (just a FEW years ago!!!), we did extenive sight-seeing, so when we cruise there, we want to go to beaches or interesting spots that are not too far from the ports. Any recommendations? Thanks.