Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2005, 09:06 AM
hydro-terp

Default Mother and Stepfather expressing interest in Hawaiian cruise

My Mother and Stepfather have expressed an interest in taking a cruise to Hawaii instead of doing the timeshare thing. Ive done some digging and so far it seams that there is basically three players involved NCL, Princess, and Celebrity. These folks have never been on a cruise before so I feel obligated to make sure they take the right one and have a positive experience. Im a veteran of six cruises so I know how the game is played.

Im hesitant to recommend NCL because of the whole open seating thing. Theyre people persons and I think they would enjoy a more structured arraignment. The endless flight from the east coast to Hawaii would also suck a lot of fun from the trip I think. Princess and Celebrity do the LA-LA thing but Im concerned that being their first cruise it may be a bit overwhelming with all the days at sea and the possibility of rough weather out of LA and back. The Celebrity ship is a little smaller then Princess and it may do the bob and weave routine more. The larger Princess ship may have more stuff to do and explore during the days at sea.

Of the three Im leaning towards the Princess one maybe even suggesting the cruisemates cruise because of the excellent pricing.

Id like some thoughts/recommendations.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Mother and Stepfather expressing interest in Hawaiian cr

The big advantage of the roundtrip LA-LA is the no flying, which a lot of people on the East Coast are praising for our Cruisemates sailing. You are at least looking at 11 days, otherwise, from what I recall, unless you go NCL.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!