Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:38 AM
CruzCrazy

Default Has anyone done the 30-night Holland Amsterdam South Pacific

I am interested in this cruise. I would love to hear from anyone who has done this cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Rita M. Ippoliti

Default Re: Has anyone done the 30-night Holland Amsterdam South Pac

Never done it ... but will be this coming January.

Why not join me? Should be tons of fun ... the perfect mix of sea and port days!

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Passenger

This is their first trip........

Check out Radisson for the best ports......... this is their turff.

Old August 18th, 2005, 08:53 PM
CruzCrazy

Default Re: Re: Has anyone done the 30-night Holland Amsterdam South

I was just browsing for a future cruise.

I'm already booked up till March 2007 with next year doing the Panama Canal and Hawaii.

Rita....let us know how the cruise was when you get back.

I know Radisson has been doing this cruise on the Paul Gaugin, but Holland has a 30-day that does Hawaii and Tahiti. How bad could that be?
Old August 20th, 2005, 08:07 AM
yiddishkopf

My Significant Other and I did a very similar trip in January, 2001 on the Ryndam. Our trip was 21 days on board, but we did a 5 day pre-cruise trip to Macchu Pichu, a truly outstanding experience. We loved almost every of our tour. To me, the low point was Rio -- if I were to do it again, while docked in Rio I'd head to the beaches because once you have done the religious statue on the mountain overlooking the harbor, there isn't much more to see.

All the other ports were interesting-- loved Santiago, Buenos Aires, Montevideo etc. The ports at the southern end of Chile are magnificent for their scenery.

We skipped Iguazu falls because of the high price of that side trip -- not that Macchu Pichu was such a bargain but we didn't want to do both.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Old August 24th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Donalee

I've booked this cruise for next January. If I don't see you onboard I'll let you know how it goes when I get back. It should be great, the Hawaiian Islands, Tahiti, Marquesas islands round trip from San Diego, what's not to like?
Old September 8th, 2005, 10:11 PM
CruzCrazy

Default Re: Re: Has anyone done the 30-night Holland Amsterdam South

Donalee, yes please let me know how you liked the cruise. Start a new thread, since this once will be way back in the oldies pages.

I've booked a 14-night RT from LA to Hawaii on the Celebrity Summit for next Dec 2006. My first for Hawaii, but not on the Summit. I know that Hawaii is one of those places you want to go back again and again.

The 30-day Holland is on my list of "must-do cruises". I just love long cruises and I must see Tahiti. I only wish Celebrity would do one, but I would give Holland a try just for the itinerary.

Have a great cruise.