Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2005, 05:14 PM
Carolyn B.

Default Hawaii

My husband and I plan on booking a 15 day Princess cruise from LA to Hawaii in Feb 2006.
This will be our 11th cruise and first time to Hawaii.
Haven't been seeing many "bargains" yet. Is it to early or are the Hawaii cruises not discounted as much as Caribbean and Mexico?

Also, did I see a posting from Harry Martin?? He was very helpful with our Jan 05 cruise from LA to Mexico. He's the best!!

Thanks for any help!
Carolyn
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2005, 02:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Hawaii

Check out Let's Get Lei'd which is a "CruiseMates cruise" in unfortunately or fortunatley on the 6th of Jan 2006.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...incess2006.cfm

Post Edited (06-03-05 01:14)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old June 4th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Ahh Carolyn, how sweet! Big smile here.

We are booked on the Island Princess for the Cruisemates sailing to Hawaii January 6th. They arranged great rates -- that's one reason I jumped on board asap, because I had been pricing it for a couple years.

My only thing I've seen is the longer voyages may get discounts on the inside cabins, but the balconies, etc, are not as much, because that's what most people want with a long cruise.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 14th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Carolyn B.

Default Re: Hawaii Feb 2006

Hello

What would you recommend to do in Hilo,Kona, Kaui, Oahu and Lahaina. (The 15 day Princess sailing).

We are in our mid 40's. We like to see and do things but don't want to be exhausted when we get back to the ship.
We loved cave tubing in Belize last year.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Carolyn
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:34 PM
First Mate

We just got back from land vacation to Maui.

Check out local tour van to Hana you may have enough time and the scenery is unbelievable.

Trip to Haleakela is shorter and very unusual scenery, but only go if the mountain top looks clear.

Lahaina is a wonderful little town filled with restaurants and shops and galleries. Also you can do a historical walking tour of Lahaina. Lahaina Restaurants I can recommend are Bubba Gump Shrimp, Cheeseburger (in paradise), Kimo's all with wonderful views. For cheap lunch Aloha Mixed Plate, right on the water, open air dining, plastic plates and paper cups, great plate lunch. Lahaina Cannery Mall has free entertainment usually 11 am to 1 pm and there's a food court for an inexpensive lunch.

For shopping Whalers mall in Kaanapali and upscale shopping in the mall in Wailea.

If you like ice cream don't miss Lapperts (still missing their coconut/carmel mac nut ice cream).

Maui ocean center (aquarium) is wonderful and shows you what's in the waters around you without having to go snorkeling (for those of us who get motion sickness).

If in Kaanapali for dinner Hula Grill is wonderful. For the best fish on the island it's Mama's Fish House (set in a coconut grove on the ocean near Paia) great for lunch or dinner. Near Mama's is Hookipa where you can watch the windsurfers and see the blow hole, very windy there at certain times of the year.