Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Gold

Default Fly vs. Cruise

I'm sure this must have been discussed in the past. I apologize if it's redundent. We're trying to decide on whether to fly to Honolulu and then board one of NCLs ships and cruise 7 days around the islands..or...do a 15 day round trip LA such as the Island Princess itineraries. I have enough air miles to get us to LA, but not Honolulu. If we fly to the Islands, I'll need to pay for airfare. We've been on The Coral Princess in Alaska and had a wonderful experience, have never sailed NCL.

We like ship days, but 8 of them out of 15 days seems like a lot.

We haven't been to Hawaii before and spending more time on the ship than on the Islands concernes me.
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Fly vs. Cruise

The Honolulu-Honolulu 7-day cruises on Pride of America and Pride of Aloha offer the most in-port time. You get two days in Kauai and two days in Maui, plus one-day visits to Hilo and Kona. The longest stretch at sea is 20 hours (the trip from Kauai to Hilo).

You might be able to get round-trip airfare from LAX-HNL for $300-400. Or you might want to check out what the air supplement from hometown would be if you purchase it from NCL. It might not be much more, and you could save your frequent flyer miles for another trip.