Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Carolyn B.

Default Land tour or Cruise Hawaii

Hello,

My husband and I have booked a 15 day Princess cruise to Hawaii in February.

However, we would love more time on the islands. So it looks like it is not going to be a cruise.
Any suggestions on web sites for putting together our own hotels, inter-island flights etc.

Thanks!!
Carolyn
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Fla Jack

Default Re: Land tour or Cruise Hawaii

IMHO--You would probably do better with some kind of tour-From all inclusive(Perillo) to one that provides R/T/inter island air/hotel & car rentals. Regards Jack
Old August 8th, 2005, 01:07 PM
SpTrout

You may want to try the following web site. You can book your entire trip here, or use it together information for a trip to your travel agent.

http://www.pleasantholidays.com/
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Cruise, J.D.

Take a look at this company. I have done their tour and I would recommend it for sightseeing and an overview of the islands. It is a budget tour, but all hotels and transportation are included. If you are looking for a romantic get away, it is not that.

http://www.ymtvacations.com/
Old August 14th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carol, I was going through the same decision process last year and as much as I like to cruise, I decided that a land tour was the best for me. I spent 2 weeks on the Islands the last week of April and the first week of May and was not sorry that I chose a land-based vacation. I did all of my hotel and interisland flight arrangements through Pleasant Holidays. Someone else gave you the link on this post so I won't repeat it. I did 3 islands, Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island of Hawaii. Prices through Pleasant are really good and you can choose among a variety of hotels on each island. Also a good reference site for tours is www.hawaii.com. Another great site is the one for the tourism board. The link to their main page is http://www.gohawaii.com/Default.aspx . From there, you can explore each of the islands.

Hope this helps.