Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Novice

Default Pride of America reviews

Looking forward to my first trip to Hawaii and will be on the Pride of America cruise. Would appreciate any reviews of the ship and the cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2005, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Go look up Reader reviews for NCL and Pride of America.. You'll think twice as I did after about 10-15 reviews. What does the comment "greyhound bus of cruise line industry" bring to mind? Check out Tahiti Princess --thats where I'm going.
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Well, in fairness, if your goal is to see Hawaii, and to do it by cruise ship then NCL-America is the most convenient choice as they are the only ones offering a 7-day Hawaii cruise where you are in port every single day.

It may not be the traditional "cruise" experience, but it has a lot of good qualities and makes a great way to see Hawaii.
Old January 4th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Beginner

You'll love NCL. I haven't been on this ship but have a cruise booked for Feb. This will be my ninth cruise, sixth with NCL (since 1993)
Don't worry about the awful reviews, just remember that there is always something to complain about and some people will find the worst in anything. Personally I like the Freestyle Dining. It gives you a choice of when and where you can eat. Besides, who wants to leave the beautiful place you're visiting to eat at a seating time you have to be at or else you're pretty much out of luck?
I think a lot of older adults aren't hip with the new ways of cruising.
Have fun and remember that life isn't perfect even if you are on vacation!!