Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2005, 03:30 PM
Passenger

Default hawaii shore excursions

We will be cruising to Hawaii in May, 2006, on RCCL. I have been looking at shore excursions on their website and was just wondering how it is to book your excursions off the ship once we port. We did this in Alaska this summer and it was great...better prices and better service. Does Roberts Hawaii book any excursions off board? We were in Hawaii a couple of years ago but did not cruise there and all of our tours were with Roberts Hawaii and they were really good. Any advice???
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Carolyn Rosamilia

Default Re: hawaii shore excursions

I my opinion, Hawaii is a great place to rent a car and tour on your own. Everyone speaks english, they drive on the right, and the islands are each small enough that you can tour the entire island if you want, or not. Renting a car also gives you the flexibility of going to the more isolated beaches or attractions that the ship tours or Roberts tours do not go to. Just do a little research before you go. I used to live on the Big Island on the Kona side. If I were to go there for just one day on a cruise ship, I would rent a car, go to Hapuna Beach and drive to Hawi and have lunch at the Bamboo Restaurant. The potstickers are the best you have ever had in your life, homemade by Auntie Mary! Another great day excursion is to drive to the public beach (very deserted) next to the Four Seasons Resort at Halualalai, enjoy the beach for awhile, a great walking beach too, then walk the oceanside path over to the Four Seasons Resort, stopping at the beachside bar for lunch and a dip in the jacuzzi overlooking the beach. They have the best Marguaritas in huge blown glasses. The Four Seasons also welcomes people to walk the grounds and eat at their restaurants. Of all the places I have traveled, Hawaii has the most friendly people and is truly paradise if you get away from the crowded touristy places. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.