Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Chuck La Fave

Default Norwgian wind Hawaii cruise

I have read some bad review about the Norwegian Wind Hawaii crusie. the food is ok, the ship leave late from port , some port are cancel, the free style dinning you have long wait and too and from ship at harbor take a long time. I'm looking for some people who taken this trip in the last year . what ewas their expereance..

Thank you

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Norwgian wind Hawaii cruise

Boy hope you are wrong.We have read mostly positive reviews.We are pn the Jan28th sailing. TOM
Old September 14th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Passenger

We returned from the Wind last month and had a wonderful time! The ship is older than the others we have cruised on in the past, but it was well kept and the staff was awesome. Very friendly, most went out of their way to help you.

We had a category CC cabin on deck 10 and it had a nice large window with plenty of storage. Great room stewards (Catalina and Oliver). We usually ate in the Four Seasons because it was more to our taste with lots of windows. Overall we thought the food was very nice, we are not picky eaters so always found plenty on the menu that sounded good.

We found the entertainment to be lacking, but did enjoy a few of the acts and the polynesian dancers were great. They taught crafts as well as danced and were a pleasure to talk to! While we were on the ship there was a couple that played the Observatory Lounge on the Sports deck, they were awesome and better than the "show" most nights. Word got out as the cruise went on, and it was really crowded most nights. They played just about anything you asked for and even did sing alongs some nights.

We enjoyed all the ports. Hilo we took the "Volcano's and Waterfall's trip with Safari Air and has a blast! Lahaina we wandered around and went to Kaanapali 1st day, and rented a car and went out to Maui Ocean Center the 2nd day. Kauai we rented a car and drove north to the end of the road, stopping to shop along the way.

Fanning Island, 2 of us did the Napali Beach excursion and had an awesome time. Ended up staying from first tender over to last tender back. We brought toys and school supplies for the children and were able to drop them off as soon as we got off the tender. A group of children were singing as each tender arrived. There was also tables set up along the path to the beach where islanders were selling their crafts. I brought $20 US (in small bills) and wished I had brought more! There were some lounge chairs and also beach chairs set up all along the beach and plenty of shade or sun to make your little camp for the day. It was awesome just floating in the shallow, calm water on the mats they provide. They also have sail boats and kayaks you can rent by the hour or day, and will give you a little lesson as well. My Mom and her friend decided to skip Napali and after hearing about our day, we're very disappointed they didn't join us. According to them, the main beach was very crowded, lots of flies, and hot.

Kona, we did the Body Glove snorkel excursion (with the ship). Catamaran and crew were great, so was the food provided. I just didn't care for the snorkel location.

Overall, we had a great time. I would love to do it again sometime, just to go back to Napali Beach!!!

Julie

Oh, one other suggestion. This was our first cruise on NCL and we didn't realize that the lifeboat drill was held outside at your station. On previous cruise lines we met in various lounges on board. We decided to go early to get a seat and ended up standing in the hot sun, in tight little lines for almost 45 minutes. My suggestion, wait until the last possible moment to go to your station!