Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Passenger

Default Best time to go

My significant other hasnt been to Hawaii since just after Pearl Harbor when his ship, the USS Alabama anchored there behind the sunken Arizona. We've been many places, but I've never been to Hawaii so I think it is time to go.

Is February a good time to go? I know that when it rains in Hawaii, it doesn't last long, but I'd love to hear suggestions as to the best time to cruise there.

We are HAL fans, so we'd probably go in one of their ships.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated, or as my little nephew says, we'll "do the prish."
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

We went in January, and I too was worried about the rain, but had great weather 78 degrees in every port, except Maui, which was 80. Rain hit us in the late afternoon on Kauai, but we were already back on the ship.

I think February would be a great time, because I had read January was the worst for rain.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 27th, 2006, 01:46 PM
First Mate

looks like they are getting rainy weather now--hope it clears soon we leave in two weeks (Summit0 & are signed up for lots of snorkeling --not sure if it is all rain or just a daily shower-- thought March was a good time????
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Passenger

I used to live in Hawaii a long time ago. In my experince Jan-March were rainy months sometimes and sometimes not. I just got back from a cruise to Hawaii Sunday. We had bad weather 6 out of 7 days. It was either heavy clouds with no rain or like Thursday and Friday on Kaui constant rain on Thurs. and drizzle on and off on Friday. Of course the day we went home was bright and sunny. Figures!