Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2006, 06:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default International Market in Waikiki

I've read somewhere that the International Marketplace in Waikiki has been closed for extensive renovation - can anyone who has been there recently (Steve....is that you??????? ) tell me if it's open or closed up?

We stayed at the Hyatt in April 2001 and the Marketplace was just down the street from the hotel - we enjoyed some of the food served there and I found a great little shop that sold wood wind chimes - I want to purchase a set this time.....

Anyone know if it's open or closed?

Anyone used the Trolley in Waikiki?
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2006, 09:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

It was still open the first week of January. Seemed to be kind of ran down, at least from what I could remember from the last time I visited it (~15 years ago).
Old April 3rd, 2006, 07:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

According to the last article I read - they will be doing extensive renovation, but will be closing the Marketplace in sections. So I assume there will always be some part of the Marketplace open.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

As promised - just got back from Honolulu and wanted to let you know the International Marketplace is currentlyopne, but they will be closing portions of it down while they re-hab which I was told is expected to go on for at least a year or more. Actually, it was very difficult to find it in between all the high-rise buildings. It has been many, many years since I have been to Honolulu other than to change planes at the airport - and it was very sad for me to see how terribly crowded and overbuilt it is. I don't need to go back there again - I'll take Kona and the Kohala Coast any time.