Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Passenger

Default Restaurants on Oahu

Hello to all,

My sweetheart and I will be going to Oahu on the 19th of May for 8 day's. Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations? We want to try anything, from burgers to lobster to steak to sea food. From cheap to expensive, romantic (especially that) and not.

Thanks to All

Gordon
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Hi Gordon, we ended up just having lunch at the Polynesian Center on our whirlwind tour in January on the Island Princess. A lot of people booked a sunset dinner at House Without a Key, so there's one recommendation.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old October 29th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

it has ben about 5 years since i was in oahu, but check this place out and see if it's still around.....

there's a great restaurant in the lobby of the outrigger reef on the beach called shore bird. you order your dinner and partake in the salad bar and then they bring you the meat raw and you get to cook it yourself on this huge indoor grill. (they will cook it for you if you're not into that, but we thought it was a lot of fun to do it ourselves.) they had lots of help around the grill area to check temperatures for you or offer advice.

fyi, they also have poi on the salad bar so you can try a little bit. in all honesty, it tastes like absolutely nothing but i made a resolution to try one new thing each day and for that particular day, poi was it!

enjoy! there is a scent in the air in hawaii i've never smelled before and no candle or air freshener can come close!

lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old November 7th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Gordon,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
My sweetheart and I will be going to Oahu on the 19th of May for 8 day's. Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations? We want to try anything, from burgers to lobster to steak to sea food. From cheap to expensive, romantic (especially that) and not.
My Dad raves about an establishement named Sorrento's, located at the top of a hotel called "The I" (the first letter in its name) in local parlance.

Have a great trip!

Norm.
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Keo's Thai Cuisine is amazing and many celebrities eat there too. They have the best Thai food I have had anywhere in the wotld. We have seen Dolly Parton, Richard Chamberlain, & Carol Burnett there while dining.

It is a beautiful restaurant with great service and amazing food. They have a great Thai cookbook too.

Eggs 'N Things has great breakfasts
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Admiral

I agree that the Shorebird is good. The steaks are aok for a cheap steakhouse with a great view. The downside is that the restaurant is noisy and chaotic at times, but some people like that kind of atmosphere.
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Beginner

Default This thread is making me hungry!

Aloha,

The last time I was in Oahu, I was with some friends who have been there several times. Here are some suggestions:

1. Eggs n Things on Kalakaua Ave. Best breakfasts ever! Huge portions. Try the coconut syrup on your pancakes. Yum!
2. Golden Dragon Restaurant in the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Best Chinese food I've ever had. Also, huge portions. Really nice.
3. Cheeseburger in Paradise - also Kalakaua Ave. Music in the background, prices not too bad, and we got in without a wait.
4. Dukes - in the Outrigger on the Beach - Kalakaua Ave, food is good, music in the evenings, make reservations!
5. Shorebird - in the other Outrigger (Reef). I didn't go that night, but everyone seemed to like it.
6. Tiki's - I haven't been there yet, but my friend the Big Kahuna tells me they're good. I plan to go when I'm there in Oct. It's in the Resort Quest Waikiki Beach on Kalakaua Ave.
7. If you get a chance to go to the North Shore, and you go to Haliewa, make sure to go to Matsumoto's for shave ice. Get it with a scoop of ice cream in the bottom, and adzuki beans, then the shave ice. It's the best!
Have a great trip! Hope this helps.